Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

Who's getting a Disco 5?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

RDR wrote:

As of this week the current thinking is we hang onto the D4 and dual run them until the D4s warranty runs out

If warranty is an issue, why not just extend the warranty with LR? Sure, it's a third party policy but it's pretty comprehensive and almost certainly cheaper than the cost to change to something else.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #180467617th Apr 2017 8:45 pm
J77

Scotland 

Somerset Bumpkin wrote:
J77 wrote:
Somerset Bumpkin wrote:
Not interested at the moment. Shape is growing on me but the money is too strong and I would regret getting what would be an old engine that no-one will want in a few years come resale time.

I bought the old PSA powered DS, many said I was mad but turns out there is high demand for them, no AdBlue, more power and bigger fuel tank. So I've no regrets about going for a tried and tested engine that meets EU6 standards. Not sure what the ingenium will offer over and above that.

Fair enough, you took a risk and it didn't backfire. It could well be the same with the new engines but I'll wait and see. TBH I would have been less concerned if they released in the 300bhp form like they do on every other model.

300hp would've been nice, but to be honest 258hp does a pretty good job. I don't fancy the 180hp SD4 that some markets get.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #180473917th Apr 2017 10:46 pm
Dannyson

England 

No - I can't see it happening for me..... I always dreamt of owning a classic looking off-roader D3/4 but the reliability put me off - but hearing slightly better results (barely) I thought I'd take the jump from three previous Land Cruisers to my current MY16 D4 from brand new.

Its been OK - dreadful quality control resulted in many visits back to the dealer and paint shops on the back of low loaders miles away. Never had this issue with Toyotas....

But the ride, quiet engine was a world away from Toyota and its 'agricultural/fidgety ride' and raucous/clacketty engine.

But, to me now ... that classic/utility look has gone..... the whole range looks much of a muchness...

If I stuck with JLR maybe a an F/I Pace maybe the way forward - but at the moment I'll stick with what I've got - extend the warranty and maybe hope for a more classic facelift with Hybrid in a few years....? - or go to another manufacture.....
 2016MY Discovery HSE - Black
2009MY Toyota Land Cruiser (Lc4) - Black 

Post #180474117th Apr 2017 10:49 pm
J77

Scotland 

RDR is it worth changing to the D5? Your kids hate it, your wife hates it, it doesn't hold all the stuff you need to carry. There's not a lot of positives there mate Laughing

I suppose you can run the D4 into the ground and keep the D5 as a daily run around.

I think it may have been easier for most to swallow if they had squared the rear off and retained the split tailgate as an option for those that really need. I've yet to miss it but I've not had to carry anything long yet either.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #180474217th Apr 2017 10:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >