Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

WHO'S A HAPPY CHAPPIE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
HOODIE

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
WHO'S A HAPPY CHAPPIE

Member for just over a year and thought about time for 1st post!
Picked up new 2012 D4 XS 4 weeks ago having traded in my 2009 D3 HSE. Another 3 year warranty and LR Assist were too much to resist especially when LR wrote to me telling me how much a single years cover would be.
Thought hard about getting another HSE but in the end decided didn't need or use most of additional features so went for XS plus electric seats, privacy glass, rear camera, full size alloy spare and mud flaps. After fitting multi height tow bar (from old D3) and sidesteps as couldn't justify dealers charge for these.
Colour choice was difficult - liked Fuji White but SWMBO (sometimes!) didn't and also concerned about future trade in/sale, Orkney Grey but previous D3 was grey and no point buying new car if no one really notices. In end went for Baltic Blue and so pleased with that - looks superb and has smashing "twinkle" in some light conditions.
Can't get over how much better the D4 is over the D3. Quieter, smoother and so much more user friendly. Voice system is so easy to use and it works pretty much every time unlike D3 system where you had to remember the instructions needed and in the end I just rarely used as I got fed up with the "sorry" response. Rear view camera is great especially when hooking up and reversing with trailer. Like the way the satnav has "night mode". Touch screen and TFT display are a big improvement. Overall dash is really smart now.
So far mpg has been very similar to that of old D3 which averaged c23mpg over the 3 years I had it. Hoping D4 will improve but time will tell.
All in all so glad I took the plunge and now looking forward to many miles of pleasure. The Discovery just has to be the most versatile car in the world.
Happy days.
Very Happy

Post #92564327th Apr 2012 4:02 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up

almost identical spec and reasons for the XS as me.

waiting for my Baltic Blue XS with full spare, camera, arm rest seats and tow pack Thumbs Up

just like you i never used the extra bits in the HSE 2010 I traded in so couldnt see point in another HSE

enjoy Thumbs Up
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #92564527th Apr 2012 4:06 pm
Steve H

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up Just taken delivery of my new D4 XS. I also swapped a D3 HSE for the D4 and like you couldn't justify all the goodies I never used on the HSE so chose the XS which I am so far very happy with.
Went for Orkney Grey (actually not quite true as I bought from the dealers stock) standard XS spec.
The engine and gearbox combo is certainly far smoother than the 2.7 6 speed. My only crib is that strange seam down the centre of the seat back which is a bit too proud for comfort.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
 D4 SDV6 XS Orkney Grey  
Post #92576727th Apr 2012 8:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >