Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Window Tinting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
MARKW

United Kingdom 
Window Tinting

Now had my Buck Blue D3 for a month. Got some cheap seat covers fitted, towbar and electrics sorted. Looking at front parking sensors, seems there are some cheap sensors on ebay, but I'm hankering after some darkness for the glass. Priced up gen glass Shocked Shocked . So now looking at aftermarket tinting film fitted by someone who knows what to do.
Any recommendations. I live in Wiltshire but have access to accommodation in Kent and Somerset if needed to get it done so will travel for the right job.
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #36144117th Oct 2008 7:17 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Whistle

Check out the group buy forum for all the details. But you'll be needing to speak to Ben you will !!
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #36144417th Oct 2008 7:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Thanks. Seems he gets rave reviews. Do you know if this deal is still in the offing? Don't want to pester him if the deal is over.
Looked in a lot of the gallerys to see a Buck Blue D3 has had tints. But not found 1 yet. Will keep trawling through all profiles.

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #36149117th Oct 2008 8:26 pm
90BHP

Discount to forum members is ongoing - give him a call, but mention my name or he will just think you are trying it on Whistle
Post #36149417th Oct 2008 8:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Does he know you as 90BHP or do you have a real world name aswell. If it's embarrassing you can PM me Laughing

Post #36149517th Oct 2008 8:34 pm
90BHP

He knows 90 BHP now after all the strange calls Laughing

aka Christian if my Mums around Thumbs Up
Post #36149717th Oct 2008 8:41 pm
90BHP

He should be around tomorrow, think he's being doing some work for Aston Martin or somebody this week . . .
Post #36150117th Oct 2008 8:44 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Will give him a call tomorrow and see what pans out.

Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #36150517th Oct 2008 8:48 pm
ljason286

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
Re: Window Tinting

MARKW wrote:
Now had my Buck Blue D3 for a month. Got some cheap seat covers fitted, towbar and electrics sorted. Looking at front parking sensors, seems there are some cheap sensors on ebay, but I'm hankering after some darkness for the glass. Priced up gen glass Shocked Shocked . So now looking at aftermarket tinting film fitted by someone who knows what to do.
Any recommendations. I live in Wiltshire but have access to accommodation in Kent and Somerset if needed to get it done so will travel for the right job.

Hi i have an 2007 buck blue and i have had my windows done at the dealer and the dealer fiited front parking sensor for me too
The windows were £250 and the front parking sensor were £400
Thats in kent landrover in canterbury

i hope this helps Very Happy

Post #36180518th Oct 2008 8:57 pm
90BHP

Bet you find your dealer didn't do them Whistle

More that they paid the local guy £175 to come and do them in the valet bay. Nothing wrong with that as you wouldn't have got the same price going direct. Only concern is how clean he can keep the windows during application. I'm getting good at spotting specs of dust . . . .

Are the parking sensors integrated, if so seems you have a good dealer who knows his LR's Thumbs Up
Post #36181618th Oct 2008 9:18 pm
busaboy74

Think i'll get my windows done too. all the pics look cool and now i have my flashing lights might look more like a police car Rolling with laughter

Post #36181818th Oct 2008 9:22 pm
r1ure

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

MARKW
There are a few pictures in my gallery of my Buck blue, before and after the window tints I got done last year.

I paid £175, if that helps to give you an idea of cost but it was done in Glasgow.
The tints I got put on were about 80%

Post #36193319th Oct 2008 12:58 am
ljason286

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

90BHP wrote:
Bet you find your dealer didn't do them Whistle

More that they paid the local guy £175 to come and do them in the valet bay. Nothing wrong with that as you wouldn't have got the same price going direct. Only concern is how clean he can keep the windows during application. I'm getting good at spotting specs of dust . . . .

Are the parking sensors integrated, if so seems you have a good dealer who knows his LR's Thumbs Up

yes the front sensors
all genuine and fitted in to the bumper

Post #36196019th Oct 2008 9:42 am
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Re: Window Tinting

MARKW wrote:
I live in Wiltshire but have access to accommodation in Kent and Somerset if needed to get it done so will travel for the right job.

Yep, I'm in Swindon, had the wife's rav 4 done last month, £130 for all the rear windows and tailgate, he does all the major dealerships locally, pm me and I'll dig out the name, but if you google them they are at Barnfield Industrial Estate, Swindon

Post #36222520th Oct 2008 12:00 am
90BHP

Like anything, you gets what you pays for.

£130 is a very good price. What film does he use, what's the warranty, how long is it ? Does he fit edge to edge, i'e on a D3 does he remove, moving windows to ensure edge to edge fitting, or does he just trim to edges without removing, or just trimming the rubber edging strips . . .

At the end of the day, if you are happy with the job and the price paid then can't say fairer than that Thumbs Up
Post #36226920th Oct 2008 9:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >