Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Won a competition to have the engine carbon cleaned
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
furnitureman

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Won a competition to have the engine carbon cleaned

Whilst away in my North Wales Gaff, I was messing about on FB and noticed a friends post entering a competition to win an engine carbon clean so I entered and won 😎

So today the chap turned up and he turned out to be a friend of a friend and a serving policeman who had set up his car detailing business 3 years ago and had decided to offer engine carbon cleaning after having his car done, he told me I won due to the high mileage and he wanted to see how it turned out.

What impressed me most was he never once promised me amazing results just I should see a noticeable drop in engine noise and smoother acceleration.

The unit he used was the size of a breifcase and used distilled water and electrical current to produce the hydrogen gas, which using a small clear tube he fed into the air intake, I was supprised by the lack of anything to see, no smoke no gunk out of the exhaust so I was sceptical.

So during the hour whilst the engine was running and breathing in the hydrogen the throttle required blipping three times every 15mins, then after the hour he packed up his kit and said we should go for a test drive.

Now I tend to drive like an old woman, nice and steady but at the end of the farm drive to get into the country lane I have to sometimes give it some beans as there is a blind bend and occasionaly you get the old boy racer doing his best to stuff his corsa into the hedge, today was no different so I applied a little more throttle and the cars responce left me speechless, the old girl picked up her skirts and shot off down the road like a scalded cat and my foot wasn’t even flat down, the progression through the gears was amazing and super smooth I actually asked if he had slipped to octain booster into the tank when I wasn’t looking as I couldn’t believe the results.

Just to make sure I wasn’t imagining the results I got swimbo to drive me and her words to describe the driving experience of my disco compared to her sporty Q3 was “you put your foot down and wait for the old girl to decide to set off “ she couldn’t believe the difference and I had the same response from my three boys.

I highly recommend anyone to have a carbon clean, I mentioned to the chap who did mine that I was a member on here and he said he would happily give a forum discount to anyone who books a carbon clean or any service from him.

If the admin are ok with me posting his details I will happily share as I’m very impressed with the results, I will wait to see if this is ok before doing so.
 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8 what a car
Discovery 3 HSE 2006 gone but never forgotten
Member of the 234,567 mile club😎

Post #193561411th Apr 2018 8:55 pm
Mogwyth

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

All I can say is the advertising authority came down heavily on one of these carbon cleaning companies, because there is no independent evidence to support any of their claims, they are now down to using customer testimonials in their advertising.
 ==================================
05 D3 HSE V8 4.4
04 MG TF 135
03 MG TF 115 Cool Blue Edition
02 MG TF 160
00 Hymer B564 Lionheart
1971 Series III 109

Post #193562311th Apr 2018 9:10 pm
furnitureman

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Only going off my own observations on how the car now drives
 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8 what a car