Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Woodman's vs. NavTV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Shoeshine

Finland 
Woodman's vs. NavTV

I know this has been covered before, but I'm still a bit confused. If I have understood it correctly Woodman's SatNav on Screen Mod allows me to watch DVD and/or TV (depending on what source I have installed) on the SatNav screen in the front. I also understand that this modification is not that expensive as far as parts are concerned.

On the other hand NavTV offers a solution:

"AV Input MOST Range Rover Sport/ Dicovery 3
Part num: OPV-1LR
Range Rover (MOST) Will allow you to input a stereo audio + video signal onto the factory NAVI screen
Product type: Video integration
Availability:Out Now"

I read somewhere that is solution in the US cost about USD 1.500,- (parts only).

What is the difference between these two solutions? Does any of these solutions allow you to watch DVD/TV on the fron screen while in motion? What is the price of NavTV product in Europe (I could not find price info on their website)?

Post #3814119th Jan 2006 9:30 am
grommet

United States 

The Nav-TV "tuner" hack allows you to use view an external video/audio source from the normal touchscreen UI. It enables the "TV" UI, with the ability to view a single composite video source (with audio.) No, it's not a a real TV tuner.

Without the hack, the only way to view the video source is while the Navigation screen is in diag/test mode... not very friendly for normal use.

Either solution could be connected to a DVD player, a video game system, an iPod with video... whatever you want. And it will work while in motion.

Woodman documented running a composite video cable from the OEM/Rosen DVD player to the rear of the Touchscreen... and then viewing in diag/test mode. (FYI: He's since installed the Nav-TV "tuner" hack.)

Contact Nav-TV or Nav-TV in the UK for pricing. Their web site is a joke.

Last edited by grommet on 19th Jan 2006 6:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3814719th Jan 2006 11:36 am
Shoeshine

Finland 

Thanks Grommet for the information, the difference is clear to me know.

I called Nav-TV in the UK, and they quoted a price of £795,- which I think is quite expensive, but I guess it is a question of supply and demand.

As for their website I agree that the US website sucks besides being out of date, however, their UK website http://www.nav-tv.co.uk is much better and up to date.[/url]

Post #3815019th Jan 2006 12:57 pm
roverdawg

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

Hmm. So does this mean that one can connect dual sources via this MOST hack and have the ability to AUTOMATICALLY switch from , say, a dvd player to a rear view camera when in reverse?
 2005 LR3 HSE
1998 Disco (sold) 

Post #3816919th Jan 2006 6:54 pm
grommet

United States 

No. It just uses one Touchscreen video input, intended for the Range Rover Sport/Range Rover RSE (or a TV tuner module that didn't make it to production anywhere I know of.) You could put in an electronic or mechanical signal switch (I think Nav-TV even sells one), but it won't act like like an automatic "reverse camera." It would only display while in the "TV" GUI.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I haven't figured out how to tell the system to behave like a Range Rover (a module on the CANbus?)... if someone did, all you'd need to do is plug the analog video for the rear camera into the unused reverse camera video connector. If Nav-TV figures it out, expect them to charge at least $1500 USD for it. Smile

Post #3817519th Jan 2006 7:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >