Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

wrong order delivery opinion and what next...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
stanislas

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
wrong order delivery opinion and what next...

Hi All,

This is my first post and would like to ask all the discovery 4 owners and futur owners if this is normal conduct from land rover uk.

I order a brand new discovery 4 xs stornoway, almond and arabica with meteor, rear view cam and bi xenon and nutmeg matt. So all in all nothing really special. Well i place this order begining of september and expected delivery was the 20 of october. At the end of september i received a very sorry phone call from land rover saying that the car will only be delivered the 20 of november. I swallow my urge to shout and accepted their new delivery therm. Last thursday i had a phone call again ( by the way i had plenty of them between but only when you chase them really) and they have requested me to come and sign a few papers for the finance and other bit and pieces. As i was there i really wanted to see it even unprepared so they brough it over from the workshop to show it to me but mentionned that the car would still have to be prepared. When they brought the car to me The wrong Color interior was fitted as well as the wrong color trim panel on center consol and door panel. Almond and nutmeg everywhere so all in all a very Pouff daddy pimp my ride fully cream interior with wood trim and no arm rest on the seat.... After 2 hours of discussion and apology to me they have ask me the questions if i wanted the car for which my answer was no but i still want that disco so they have agreed to order 4 new door panel and a full set of rubber matt and side step but the arm rest was still an unknown answer from them as they needed to speak to the factory to see if it was possible to ad it on. Fustration is now setteling in and yesterday they have tried to make me collect the car and come back in 4 weeks time to have the new door panel fiited which is fine with me but the arm rest are still unknown and unresolve issue and they can't really tell me if it is going to be possible. I am really desperate about this car as i really want it and it would be my first brand new vehicle for which i have work very hard in the last 3 years so it is a bit of a reward for me but now the excitment is properly gone and i am feeling slightly disgusted by the all concept of buying a new car. Now i have my own company and repair laptop for major corporate client across the uk and on many occasion i have jumped above what was expected and even loss money and certain job but every time i kept my promises what the cost to me. So now is the questions Should i or should i not cancel this order.......

all reply appreciated

many thanks very reading

Post #55636426th Nov 2009 9:49 am
JMC

Scotland 

Smells fishy to me already........ Confused

Swapping out the trim on a brand new car........ I'd be walking away to another dealer I think Rolling Eyes
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #55637026th Nov 2009 9:54 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yep, doesn't sound right, go elsewhere

AFIAK you can't get armrests on a D4 unless you go for electric seats which means currently you'd have to get an HSE
 The End  
Post #55637926th Nov 2009 10:22 am
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Definitely Cancel, and then find a dealer who will look after you properly, maybe jump on a train to London and go and see Charles Hurst (site sponsor), they might even collect you from the station in a Demo vehicle if you talk to them nicely Wink Whistle Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #55638126th Nov 2009 10:28 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Or find out how much money they wuld give you back if you offered to keep it ? (if you can live with the interior that is) Personally if it was not right to such a large extent, I'd reject it and start again.... Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #55638626th Nov 2009 10:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MrH

United Kingdom 

Reject it - no way would I stand for a new car being re-trimmed. That's one way to start annoying rattles and creaks.

Alternatives you might want to consider:
- accept the car, whilst waiting for them to get delivery of what you ordered, or
- get lots of financial compensation ontop of the re-trim, plus electric seats retro fitted Twisted Evil
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #55639026th Nov 2009 10:58 am
wilsonmg

England 

tell em to shove it...... its s lot of money and a treat to yourself for all your hard work.... you want it as you ordered or not at all (from that dealer antway)
 Still miss my D3 Sad  
Post #55639226th Nov 2009 11:03 am
stanislas

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

i am getting to the idea slowly i must admit and you guys are right and god knows how hard it is to walk away from it once you have seen it in flesh..... arghhhh so ennoyed Evil or Very Mad

Post #55639626th Nov 2009 11:10 am
lespes

Guernsey 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Ditto the above.

Once it falls of the tracks you will struggle your butt off trying to get it back on, best a fresh start Exclamation

Just hope you haven't finished signing the finance papers or else it could become costly though as the finance company will still want their money.
 D4 Landmark MY16 Santorini Black THE LAST
D4 HSE MY12 Marmais Teal: Gone. Missed a lot!
Freelander 2 SD HSE MY11 Silver:Thankfully gone.
D4 HSE MY11 Silver: Gone missed !
Range Rover Sport MY06 HSE Buck Blue: Gone missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Facelift MY Red Gone Missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Cobalt Blue: Gone Missed!
Discovery D1 Auto Oxford Blue Not missed at all!
Discovery D1 Avalon Blue First LR! missed!

Now demoted to a VW 

Post #55639926th Nov 2009 11:14 am
mzplcg

England 

Absolutely as all advice above. Do not give in on any points at all, ever. You made the order, were quite specific about what you wanted and they failed to deliver that order.

If this was a kitchen and it came with the wrong doors, would you send it back? I would. A car is no different. Why settle for 2nd best? The only way the dealers learn is to feel the pain a bit. They screwed up and now they're trying to fob you off.

One thing's for sure, once the papers are signed and you've taken delivery, do you think the dealer will be quite so interested in making good on their promises? Abso-bleedin-lutely NOT. They'll just go into DILLIGAF mode and you'll be the one who feels the pain trying to get them to honour their side of the deal.

Hope you get sorted as you would wish. Be firm and be patient. You have the upper hand as long as it's sat on their premises and they haven't been paid for it. Personally I would start again somewhere else but that's your call.

Dom.

Post #55640126th Nov 2009 11:24 am
heapster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Wander up to Caffyns in Lewes. Had a couple of Discos from them and always first class service and decent pricing. I ended up getting more than I paid for (DVD plus privacy glass) as they weren't on the spec sheet when we signed the deal and Caffyns let it stand.

Post #55644026th Nov 2009 12:55 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Caffyns is the local dealer to Hove, so the wrong-spec D4 may have been ordered through them anyway? Maybe not, of course Wink

It sounds to me like the dealer has ordered the wrong interior colour from LR. The other possibility would be supply faults to the line in multiple places which lead to an entire incorrect interior being fitted in error at Solihull and which wasn't picked up at the factory when comparing the vehicle to the build sheet (highly unlikely).

If you can get a copy of the build sheet this should confirm if it's a dealer problem or a LR fault.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #55645526th Nov 2009 1:37 pm
JMC

Scotland 

I reckon it's more likely to be a 'dealer stock' car which they are trying to shift for a better margin and a quicker sale. Rolling Eyes
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #55646026th Nov 2009 1:43 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

sounds like a dodgy dealer error to me. did you check the cameras you ordered where installed. i didnt hink they were shipping them with cameras at the moment.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #55646126th Nov 2009 1:46 pm
Dexter

Scotland 

I'd reject it and buy the one you really want from somewhere else - might just be a simple mix up after it's left the factory, and a similar arguement is going on elsewhere!

Dex

Post #55646826th Nov 2009 1:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >