Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

www.wayfinderproject.co.uk vs www.way-finder.co.uk ! WTF????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gilmore

England 
www.wayfinderproject.co.uk vs www.way-finder.co.uk ! WTF????

In another thread there is some discussion about the GLASS wayfinder website which documents green lanes.
There seems to be two different but very similar sites. http://www.wayfinderproject.co.uk/ is the one that's linked to by the GLASS website, but Slimer posted www.way-finder.co.uk which is a similar but different site.

I've been using http://www.wayfinderproject.co.uk/ as its linked to off the GLASS site, but for no other reason.

Does anyone know what's going on there? Are they both kosher? Which one's best, etc?

regs
rob
 All opinions expressed in this posting are my own and are not necessarily those of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Land Rover Defender V8, 50th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes ML350CDI
HM Moto CRE300X
Honda CRF250X
1974 Honda CB750K4
1975 Honda CB750K5
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes) 

Post #20274613th Sep 2007 6:18 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

ISTR they had a bit of a bust up and the aggrieved individual set up there own site doing the same thing ..I'm sure there used to be a statement advising you not to go to the other site Confused
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #20275413th Sep 2007 6:38 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Rob,

its best to check routes / byways with your local council. The recent laws restricted traffic from the likes of RUPPs and some byways. most BOATs are still open but its still worth checking. The routes on these sites can often be out of date. Not all byways are marked and those with a Temporary Restriction Order (TRO) may not be signposted as such. It can be a real nightmare. I asked the council - "Are all byways marked on the OS explorer map 156 open to motorised traffic", and they said yes. Dont have written confirmation so not totally sure.....

If you can find out if they have a street name, even if they "closed" they can be still driven, based on the fact that they shouldnt be closed.

The Rights of Way officers can be obstructive in some councils and helpful in others. Approach them from a Freedom Of Information (FOI) angle and you'll get a better chance of success.

I will see if our (www.blroc.co.uk) event organiser is available on Sunday in Wiltshire to have a chat with you.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #20275713th Sep 2007 6:41 pm
gilmore

England 

Thanks Duncan.
Do the ROW Officers will answer questions as broad as the example you gave above? I thought I would have to tell him the specific lanes I want touse and get him to confim them individually (although my guess was based on zero evidence).
cheers
rob
 All opinions expressed in this posting are my own and are not necessarily those of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Land Rover Defender V8, 50th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes ML350CDI
HM Moto CRE300X
Honda CRF250X
1974 Honda CB750K4
1975 Honda CB750K5
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes) 

Post #20277513th Sep 2007 7:32 pm
SN

Has the relevant council got a Definitive Map online? Not that it helps you in this instance Rob but I do know that Cheshire and Lancashire CC do.
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #20280013th Sep 2007 8:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

way-finder is the original site, wayfinderproject appeared after internal politics within GLASS over who knows what. I'm not a GLASS member any more but if you have a look on the GLASS forum Rob you should find their take on it all.
 The End  
Post #20282713th Sep 2007 9:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >