Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

XDA Orbit and Bluetooth Problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Alex08

Scotland 
XDA Orbit and Bluetooth Problems

Having tried for the past year to get my O2 Orbit to speak to the Disco Bluetooth without success, I though it might be worth explaining how I have now overcome the compatibility issues.

Simple. Embarassed Sat on device, broke the screen, went to O2 who gave me a new Orbit 2 (3G) FOC and presto - the new Orbit 2 (HTC POLARIS) recognises, connects and even allows phonebook over bluetooth! Magic.

The new orbit is vastly better than the old one and O2 seemed to have learned from the last time that giving all the accessories makes customers happy. So not only did the phone come in the box, but also charger, case, car charger, earphones and controller thing that allows NORMAL headphones to be used, screen holder for car use, data connection cable and an adhesive screen protector. Oh and CoPilot satnav software for UK and Ireland and a 1GB microSD sim. However, I put the card from my existing Orbit in the new model, if immediately found the TOMTOM I had on the card, installed it automatically and off it has gone. I have to say I am very impressed with the package although the Touchflo interface is a bit pointless even though it looks good.

Post #26361224th Feb 2008 2:15 pm
stevemac

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Alex

I use the old Orbit - with TomTom - excellent phone. Thumbs Up

Have you tried one of the 'kitchen' ROM's on the XDA-Dev website -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=371182

Its very fast compared to the vanila ROM (the link is the latest ROM from Meschle, an Orbit ROM guru Bow down ) and with loads of extra applications, or tweaks on the original applications to make them as they should have been .... the tweaked touchflo works, and to top it of it takes a 4Gb HDmicroSD, so I can get all UK and major roads TT maps, plus the country I'm visiting, most of OS South East UK on Memory Map, and a couple of albums on it, and still theres room to spare Exclamation

It even got me back to the hotel in Rome using TT after a very alcoholic meal in a restaurant and no idea which way to go. Put it into walking mode and it halped me stagger back, the built in GPS keeping a signal all the way.

I've used HTC phones for a while now, had all of the XDA's - the Orbit is the best and coolest by far.
 D3 HSE MY09, auto, Santorini Black, Black leather, Black windows ... black IS the colour ...
Golf Mk6 GT TSi, Red - supercharger and turbo - the pocket rocket!
Gone but not forgotten:-
D3 XS MY08, manual, Java Black, black leather
1999 TD5 XS auto Oxford blue
1994 300Tdi auto Niagra grey

Life is a voyage of Discovery ... now where did I put the map and compass! 

Post #26365424th Feb 2008 5:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >