Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

YEOVIL LAND ROVER
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Package from Nick arrived a day ealier than promised Thumbs Up
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #30146421st May 2008 2:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alanwxr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Same here, brilliant service Wink

Post #30146621st May 2008 2:27 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Top service on the seatcovers Nick ( on both ocassions Very Happy )

Thumbs Up

Post #30147021st May 2008 2:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Just had an update from Peter at Yeovil. Diff leak was caused by a blocked breather, which has been cleared and the diff oil flushed/changed. Suspension knock was from the rear ARB and NSF front track rod ends (both replaced), plus the steering rack. New steering rack being fitted tomorrow Thumbs Up

Various creaks from the dashboard were down to some fixings on the bulhead that have been sorted.

Radio still a bit of a mystery to diagnose cause as it's behaving at the moment so they can't repeat the fault. I had the problem on the way up but cleared it with the volume trick without thinking about it and it's been on best behaviour ever since Rolling Eyes Doh! My fault.

The transmission whine is still present after the diff flush, but at a low level and therefore very difficult to locate/diagnose. Half the dealership have been out in the car, all agree it is there and the view is that it is from the mid/front of the car, definitely not the rear. That tallies with my observations. Could be an axle, could be the diff or could be the transfer box. Smart money is on the diff or transfer box, but can't be sufficiently certain to warrant swapping either component just yet in case the wrong one gets changed. As the noise has gradually risen in volume whatever is causing it is clearly deteriorating so we've agreed I'll monitor it and when it rises a notch or two I'll take it back in for another attempt at locating the source. More than happy with that pragmatic approach as the noise isn't intrusive and has only gradually risen over the last 3-4,000 miles.

So big grins and happiness prevail. Which is nice 8)
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #30187722nd May 2008 12:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >