Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Yet more comedy from the Big Brother state
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Racial slurs will not be tolerated on this site ..one more reference and I'll remove the thread.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #43929716th Mar 2009 9:37 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

DG you have PM

Post #43931716th Mar 2009 10:07 pm
cumbrian-col

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

First of all I am not a racist. I employ a German, a Pole and a Lithuanian in my business. I would happily employ any moderate muslim who was a; good at their job and b; who was happy to abide by British law and to integrate fully into British society. Neither do I subscribe particularly to any religious creed either
The fact remains that monitoring the holiday or business movements of a large percentage of the British ppulation will have no effect whatsoever on the safety of the UK (or anywhere else for that matter). I simply made the point, perhaps a little clumsily, that there is one clear direction that the biggest threat comes from.
 I'd be unstoppable - if I could just get started  
Post #43931916th Mar 2009 10:11 pm
cumbrian-col

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

DG. Apologies my post was not meant to appear racist
 I'd be unstoppable - if I could just get started  
Post #43932016th Mar 2009 10:12 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Thumbs Up

Please just try to remember and respect that we have users of all persuasions on the site Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #43933816th Mar 2009 10:30 pm
Jads777

Guernsey 

Sadly it appears that the Channel Islands will also have to introduce this or travel to and from the UK would not be possible. Confused

I do wish that you would keep your crackpot government under control. Rolling with laughter

Post #43934016th Mar 2009 10:31 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Tell us about it!!! Still, they hopefully won't be around in 16 months time. Mind you they can fek the country up even more big time in that short time! Evil or Very Mad

Post #43934216th Mar 2009 10:33 pm
Jonty

Kenya 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

cumbrian-col wrote:
Given that the realistic threat is from Islamic terrorism why not simply record the movements of all Muslims - <snip> It's only political correctness that dictates that the rest of us must suffer the same inconvenience. I would add that I'm not anti muslim in any way but I haven't heard of any christian or even atheist fundamentalist threat to the UK.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with security or terrorism - that's just an excuse they know will be accepted without question. It's just the effect of knee jerk legislation that gave too much power to certain branches of government.

There are Muslims of all races, and there's no way you could id someone just by looking at them - the 9/11 guys were all clean shaven, 'normal' looking people. The only religious group that you can distinguish due to appearance are the Sikhs, or orthodox Jews.

If someone really wanted to cause damage, they would try to fit-in anyway. The IRA dissidents were (are?) expert at this and prove that threats can come from 'within' as well.

The best thing is to ignore all this Censored and live your life as normal - more people are killed from road accidents than terrorism. Thumbs Up

Post #43954517th Mar 2009 11:47 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Of course it is nothing to do with Terrorism, they are hardly likely to just hand over all the information. Also most terrorists operate from abroad, so they wouldn't necessarily be using their own identity anyway.

Post #43954817th Mar 2009 11:52 am
UNG

United Kingdom 

It's just another distraction tactic from this pathetic bunch who call themselves a government and are fighting to keep themselves on the gravy train while everybody else suffers. They quite often introduce other legislation that gets lost behind this sort of news Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #43955917th Mar 2009 12:14 pm
LandyPete

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

If you are not up to date with the latest figures, e-Borders is expected to cost over £1.2Bn to implement.

So catching each of the 2,900 criminals 'evading justice' cost around £400,000 each...

It equates to about 10% of the entire cost of the Police for England,

Lunancy

Pete

Post #44269323rd Mar 2009 11:31 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Dorset Police are doing their best to make those numbers look a little more reasonable. Their increase on our council tax bill this year is 5%. If every force does this, the e-borders bill looks a little smaller in comparison. Rolling Eyes
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #44269723rd Mar 2009 11:35 am
UNG

United Kingdom 

ND I think you will find that was the maximum they can increase, as ISTR it was capped by Brown & Co

Government spending seems to be totally lost to the value of money, has anyone looked at what is being spent on this G20 summit it would be cheaper to hire BrownForceOne and let him go somewhere else for it. Always makes me laugh when the civil servants claim that contracts are awarded on a best value basis when all they look at is price and not what they are getting for it
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #44272223rd Mar 2009 12:02 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Oh I don't doubt that Dorset Police would like to spend more. After all they need all those X5s, piles of body armour and a police helicopter to handle all those rioting badgers. Great bunch for lots of new, shiny kit are Dorset. Eff all use if you have a burglary mind, although very, very good at tracking down the burger van a couple of miles from Dorset Police HQ (Winfrith). I sometimes think there's a subliminal link there - you say "burglary" and they hear "burger".

And if they could find a way to put PAVA spray into speed cameras they would Rolling Eyes
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #44272723rd Mar 2009 12:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >