Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

30k Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
30k Service

Had my 30k service during the week there, and just thought I'd report in on it. Smile

Issues reported to dealer - uneven tyre wear, creaking drivers seat, steering knock, some problems with cruise control buttons, and the tsb for the climate control temperature adjustment.

Got a 06 Freelender for the day. Was promised a D3, but because it was a commercial vehicle, they felt my insurance wouldn't cover it, so had to take the freelender. Thankfully got my insurance company to allow temp transfer onto a commercial vehicle for future occasions. Very Happy

Full service was carried out, and they changed the front brake pads too, as they were pretty worn. Just wondering what do other people get out of the brakes?

As regards to the list of problems, they appear to have fixed the seat (tightened everything up - dunno what, as I had the seat out myself before to try and fix it) thankfully, as it used to drive me mad at times.
Put in the foam pad for the temp sensor for the climate control (mine was the first they did) and it seems to keep a consistant temperature now!
They couldn't find any logged faults to do with the cruise control. In fairness, I haven't had the problem in weeks. It happened a lot more in the hot weather - basically the cancel and lower speed buttons sometimes didn't work. So just to be sure, they reapplied the newest software to all the modules (or at least the enhancement program again) from what I can make out.
Tyre wear - if I'd spotted it earlier a contribution towards new tyres could have been arranged, but at 30k, they said there's not a hope of anything. In fairness the tyres that are wearing properly are gone pretty low, and I'd probably be replacing them fairly soon anyway. So I've got my new wheels and tyres, so they said to fit them first, and then they'd do the tracking, and TSB with the new tyres on it, as aparrantly the unevenly unworn ones can affect things due to not sitting exactly level on the ground.
And finally, the steering knock. They identified the source of the problem, and have ordered the new part, and I'm to go back some day next week to get it replaced.

And the cost.... €550. Approx £370.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #10275518th Nov 2006 12:03 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >