Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Another suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mick_n3

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Another suspension fault

I have an intermittent suspension fault and any guidance/help would be appreciated

2008 TDV6 HSE
Last week on way into work as I hit a pot hole I was greeted by suspension fault, parked in work and thought I’ll look at it when I get back, anyway when I finished work suspension was on it’s bump stop connected iid and came up with the following codes

C1A75-1C Right rear height sensor general electrical failure, circuit voltage out of range
C1B19-03 Door signal status pulse width modulation failure but according to iid was triggered the previous week but I’d had no warnings

Started engine and suspension lifted and no warnings, cleared codes and it’s been ok for a week.

Then Sunday morning went out to find it on it’s bump stops again, scanned with iid and it came up with same code for Right rear sensor and again I started it and all is good.

Last night on way to work at more or less the same place, suspension warning came up so checked codes and again it’s

C1A75-1C Right rear height sensor general electrical failure,circuit voltage out of range
C1B19-03 Door signal status, pulse width modulation failure, again this according to iid was triggered the day before but no warning on dash

Cleared faults started engine and suspension worked fine no warnings, got back into yards about 10hrs later and it’s dumped the air and sat on it’s bump stops, started engine up it came no warnings.
Can't hear any leaks (not been round with soapy water yet) and suspension raises and lowers fine.

Now I’m assuming it’s either the sensor or a wiring fault so I’ve got a set of 4 height sensors and after reading a few post on interweb about water ingress into the sensor plugs, I've got a couple of repair kits on order.

Day off Friday so I’m going to attack it.

I know it’s a long shot but is there anything sensor wise or common wiring fault or water ingress locations I should be looking at while I’ve got it all in bits, I know being intermittent it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack but any direction would be much appreciated.

Also any idea what the door fault could be
Had new compressor and height calibration with iid last month, software was updated

TIA

M6NIO 

Post #19419423rd May 2018 3:05 am
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The C1B19-03 error is a multitude of things
This is from the error list

Incorrect software loaded to air suspension control module

Central junction box to air suspension module harness wiring:
short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, high resistance

Central junction box fault

Post #19419473rd May 2018 6:23 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Usually break in wiring either at or near the sensor plug, or at the big multiblock connector on chassis at the back of the passenger side rear wheel arch
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #19419583rd May 2018 7:54 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mick_n3

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Cheers Ian I remember someone saying something about a large multi plug but couldn't remember where it was, thought about the wiring at the sensor end so planned for that with the plug repair kits,

M6NIO 

Post #19419613rd May 2018 8:06 am
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

remember each sensors is different

Post #19419783rd May 2018 9:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >