Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

AP200 - Suspension Calibration Program not working?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bracechenko

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
AP200 - Suspension Calibration Program not working?

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased an AP200 and overall I'm very impressed. Easy to set up, reads codes, clears code, live values are great. However, the main reason for purchase was to calibrate the suspension as I've recently had to repair a burst airline. Trouble is, when I attempt to run the software it tries to communicate with the car but simply returns to the menu without doing anything....does the same for all special programmes...any ideas?

I've searched this forum and found a few threads about AP200 and suspension calibration but the program seems to work for those people...haven't found this problem before.

Any help appreciated before I attempt to contact Autel.

Thanks
Brace

Post #233060220th Mar 2023 10:40 am
BenRK

United Kingdom 

Hi mate

I'm certain the air calibration doesn't work on the AP200. Doesn't do it on mine and never heard of it working on anyone else's

Post #233063720th Mar 2023 3:03 pm
Bracechenko

The more I have researched, the more I agree with what you've said. One or two on here have stated it works but I think that's internet chat rather than fact! At best, there may have been previous white versions from about 2 years ago that may have worked but the current crop do not.

Spoke to Autel UK direct and the guys basically explained that you cannot buy an AP200 that's not a grey import and that the grey imports will not work on the UK/EU market for those extra functions.

It is a good device for reads, clears, data logging and live values but that's it. I bought it on the promise I could use the suspension calibration but beware of those selling snake oil I guess Rolling Eyes

I've just bit the bullet and ordered a Gap IID using my flexible friend....think it's the only way and I'm sure I won't look back.

Post #233064320th Mar 2023 3:19 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Did you see recent posts

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/suspension-...29-15.html

Wonder if he has red or white one

Post #233065020th Mar 2023 4:00 pm
Bracechenko

I did see that post but I'm skeptical because I have exactly the same device and it doesn't work. Plus, Autel themselves have explained that it won't work too. That device shown in the picture is from another Chinese based company (I have checked)

For every 1 person I see who says it works, there are 10 others like me who have bought one and been disappointed so I've decided it's not worth wasting anymore money in the hope I'll find one which miraculous does something different to all the other versions.

Post #233065220th Mar 2023 4:21 pm
Thommo805

United Kingdom 

Bracechenko wrote:
The more I have researched, the more I agree with what you've said. One or two on here have stated it works but I think that's internet chat rather than fact! At best, there may have been previous white versions from about 2 years ago that may have worked but the current crop do not.

Spoke to Autel UK direct and the guys basically explained that you cannot buy an AP200 that's not a grey import and that the grey imports will not work on the UK/EU market for those extra functions.

It is a good device for reads, clears, data logging and live values but that's it. I bought it on the promise I could use the suspension calibration but beware of those selling snake oil I guess Rolling Eyes

I've just bit the bullet and ordered a Gap IID using my flexible friend....think it's the only way and I'm sure I won't look back.

Internet chat lol people go out of there way to help others and don’t just talk BS for the sake of it , I can tell you for one I was reccomended the autel ap200 by a long serving forum member I purchased in February this year and I from no experience calabirated with mine , maybe they recently changed the software but it’s most certainly not the internet chat you suggest

Post #233067820th Mar 2023 7:22 pm
Bracechenko

Hi Thommo,

I mean no offence and appreciate what you're saying... sounds like yours has worked, you're one of the lucky ones. I'm just saying that there's a lot of misinformation ranging from outright BS from some to simply not accurate from others based on the various reviews, trustpilot reviews, other forum members and Autel themselves.

I've found far more people say that this product doesn't do what it advertises and my experience confirms exactly that so others need to be aware before they part with any money.

If yours has worked then I'm genuinely glad for you as you're one of the few. Sadly, I've wasted £57 which could have contributed towards a Gap IID.

Sadly, people do go out of their way to talk BS as they like to pretend to be the expert. I'm glad this isn't you

Post #233068520th Mar 2023 7:53 pm
Thommo805

United Kingdom 

Fair enough , excuse my snappy behaviour lol it must be a curse of the discovery 3 and the non stop issues . Hopefully you get sorted as we all need each others input to keep these cars running

Post #233070120th Mar 2023 8:38 pm
brookert2

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Just to be clear, I bought one of autelstore.co.uk in 2021. It most definitely did work back then, with all the hot functions. I changed the suspension into tight tolerance, and adjusted suspension height.

The software was pretty crap though. I couldn't program keys, because the app thought the voltage was 11.7v, and it didn't matter if it was plugged in to a charger or not.

Post #233085221st Mar 2023 10:44 pm
Stryderb

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I realise this thread is a few weeks old but I too have been misold an AP200, I bought mine to calibrate the steering angle sensor and literally not a single hot function works. Same problem as you have, click the hot function, says communicating for a second or two then returns to the calibration screen. For reference my AP200 is the white one, says on the box it can do all these things but mine definitely cannot. I already have a good scanner so this is useless for me.

Post #23327908th Apr 2023 8:04 pm
Bracechenko

Yep... sadly as explained it just won't work 😕

Post #23327968th Apr 2023 9:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >