DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Automatic Transmission questions and other issues with D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
blade74

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4
Automatic Transmission questions and other issues with D4

Hello all,

My car 2010 Discovery 4 SE which has 70000Kms on the odometer.
It has for the last 15000-20000 kms had a klunk noise in the front end when i first get in it after being parked for a while (eg overnight or a few hours).
It happens once as I engage drive and accelerate as my car goes from first gear to second and then doesn't happen again until i park for more than a few hours and then get back in and drive off.

Other things which may or may not relate are as follows and may be a separate issue:

- Sometimes when driving and the transmission has gone into neutral or isn't in a gear because I'm coasting towards stopping, if I put my foot down a little to accelerate the transmission re engages a gear but with a thud/klunk. Not a smooth re engage
-sometimes when i come to a complete stop I get a really tiny nudge from the transmission about 5-10 seconds after stopping (seems like when its trying to disengage the gear it pushes forward suddenly then lets go)
- Gearbox doesn't always kick back a gear when I put my foot down. This is over exaggerated when I use the cars cruise control and set the speed of say 80kms hours. If it starts going up a gradual hill I can ramp the cruise speed up to 140kms on the steering wheel and the car whill struggle to accelerate to 90 and will not kick down a gear.

Seems like the transmission is running a bit rough and also Lazy.
The dealer has reset the transmission numerous times but it has only helped once for a few days. When it did help it seemed like the car went a lot harder and had a lot more balls.

The only other thing that has been happening which is also I believe a separate issue is that when i first start the car there is a clicking noise kind of like a blocked injector or a tapping noise that seems to go away after 5 mins. Any ideas???

Has anyone had similar issues?

Cheers
 Disco 4 SE
Honda CRF450X 

Post #10835575th Apr 2013 8:41 am
blade74

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

No one has any ideas?
 Disco 4 SE
Honda CRF450X 

Post #108881915th Apr 2013 11:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top