Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Bodsy Remap - My Honest Impressions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bracechenko

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Bodsy Remap - My Honest Impressions

As you've worked out by now, Bodsy came down a few weeks ago to work on my D3 and completed the following work:-

- Auto box Mega flush
- Diff oil replacement
- ECU remap & EGR software update (as my EGR has been removed and blanked)
- Gearbox reset
- A few other bits and bobs.

My car is a MY07 and currently on 143k miles. I bought it a couple of months ago for £4,200 with no service history so took a risk. It's extremely clean, brand new Grabber tyres, new discs, calipers & pads, not a single scratch....bodywork mint, various cosmetic mods by the looks of it and all things working including the air suspension. The only thing which I didn't notice on the test drive is that it suffered from the dreaded oil in brake servo issue so that cost me £1k to resolve Shocked

Anyway, to the bit you're interested in. After the remap the results were instantly noticeable and significant. I caveat slightly as there was already a map on the car which was hideous so I came from a bad place but the BAS remap is incredible without a doubt. The car pulls very strongly and smoothly throughout the rev range - it's progressive and easy to drive with (previous map had a huge spike of boost/power and then nothing....very difficult).

Good bits:

- Strong power, very torquey.
- Great power delivery throughout the rev range.
- Gearbox changing as I'd expect and reacting to the driving style I need at any given time.
- Better throttle response.
- Did I mention the power!?! 8)

Bad bits:

- Still early days but pretty sure fuel economy is 2-3mpg lower on average. Don't care though Laughing
- On the 1st run after the work I initially had a slight pulsing on hard accelaration so started to panic that I may be putting too much load through an older gearbox. I'm sure now though that it was simply the gearbox values re-adjusting as that has disappeared now and I've driving it enough to be confident with it. Pulls like a train and feels very solid.

Overall - it's well worth the money in my opinion and the car has been transformed. At the end of the day I'm not looking to race the thing around...it's a 2.5 tonne bus so that's not my intention! What I wanted was better driveability and torque when I needed it for towing our caravan fully loaded. I've certainly got that and I'm very happy.

On a seperate note - Bodsy was very professional and did a great job. He also appreciated a decent coffee so he got extra points there too! Laughing

Post #225665312th Oct 2021 9:52 am
NCC-1031

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

This sounds great

He is going to do the same to my D3 in a few weeks.. very excited now Smile

Steve

Post #225668012th Oct 2021 12:58 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Steve

I had a BAS remap on my D3, and was delighted with it.

Don't forget to tell your insurers!

See you soon.

Regards

Nigel

Post #225668212th Oct 2021 1:02 pm
NCC-1031

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Bodsy has remapped my d3. Wow. It’s amazing. Didn’t know I was missing so much power. It’s like driving my wife’s Q5 now except I have to remember the disco doesn’t corner quite as well Smile.
Thanks to Ian for all the work and Nigel for letting us all abuse your driveway and hospitality.

Steve

Post #226178412th Nov 2021 2:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >