Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

common problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Dave T

England 

Must admit it wasn't the colour I went out to buy, but I find it very striking and stands out from the crowd and you certainly can't hide. It does still wear the invisibility cloak the same as the rest though. Thumbs Up
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #79530811th May 2011 8:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
swisstim

Leather seat damage in 2006 HSE

Hi

Am looking at buying a 2006 HSE and the only issue I have found is the seat damage to the leather. In particular there are 1" tears on the side panels of each of the front seats. I can see how it has happened as it pinches when you climb out. Is this a common issue or does this show lack of care on the part of the previous owner?

Secondly, anyone know a rough price for repairs to this sort of damage?

Cheers for any help

ST

Post #79684315th May 2011 6:34 pm
chocolademan

Norway 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

What happened to rossh??

Scared off?? Laughing

If you're still around rossh don't be put off. They aren't all that bad really Whistle
 Faultmate MSV2 MultiVehicle
D3: Tailgate Actuator DIY: http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...IY%7E0.pdf 

Post #79684415th May 2011 6:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

If that scared him off heaven help him in a full fledged Christmas Tree Dash Event (with engine shut down) on the M6 in the snow!! Wink

Only kidding roshh, they are fine but I'm picking up my new car Tuesday. Whistle Whistle Snigger

Post #79685415th May 2011 6:47 pm
chocolademan

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
D3: Tailgate Actuator DIY: http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...IY%7E0.pdf 

Post #79686315th May 2011 6:54 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Mind you didn't say what I'm picking up but it's not dissimilar to:

Whistle Whistle

Post #79687315th May 2011 7:01 pm
chocolademan

Link update needed Del.....

Better Very Happy

Nice!

Post #79687615th May 2011 7:02 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Snell checkner deleted the IMG] end. Rolling Eyes

But for my sins, will be keeping the D3. Well someones gotta keep the local dealer in the manner they've become accustomed to. Whistle Whistle

Post #79687815th May 2011 7:06 pm
rossh

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies chaps... I've been looking and there is some helpful information around the site.

You haven't scared me off the idea just yet! Laughing

cheers,

Ross

Last edited by rossh on 16th May 2011 2:48 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #79724516th May 2011 2:47 pm
rossh

United Kingdom 

double post!

Post #79724616th May 2011 2:47 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

rossh don't let us put you off, it's the best car in the world but has it foibles. It's prob like any car, if you get a good un they are great. If you get a bad one they are still great but seem to spend more time at the dealer than on your drive. Pays yer money etc. Whistle

Post #79726416th May 2011 3:46 pm
Jezza down under

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

OK ... now having both struts and control arms replaced in the front end - replaced LHS already - Turbo hoses (?) being replaced, prior to this .. EPB switch - oh and new park brake assembly, cooler box switch, 2 seat bases, complete radio/cd (hi ice) assembly, 2 diffs and rear axles and a spare wheel winch asssembly is about as far as I've got. It's only 4 years old (nearly) and 80k's on the clock so more to come I suspect. TDV6 HSE. Rims are poor for proper off roading. Well designed, poorly engineered.
 1 beer is too many, 100 is not enough.
D3 HSE 2.7 zermatt, rails, bars, dvd, cooler box, alpine roof, LR extra warranty (16 major warranty claims to date) LH tie rods x2, RH tie rods x 3, rear seat base, 2 air sus bags, F and R diffs, FRHS axle, RLHS axle, park brake, ICE facia, turbo hoses, spare lowering aperatus, wheel brace and counting. 

Post #8041967th Jun 2011 5:30 am
Cartcase

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Head Gasket

The tale so far:

Afetr always having landrovers. last year I was able to purchase a 58 plate commercial discovery 3. Pride and joy of the fleet. I couldn't sleep the night before collection with excitment.....

Collected the truck with a pal, who was driving a brand new L200 crew cab. he was clearly envious.

190 miles into the genrel without warning in the fast lane of the M6 no power engine running no drive, with the grace of god i manage to coast (on a friday afternoon ) into the slow lane (no hard shoulder) there was an emergency layby 70 meters further down so out with the hi-vis and push the 2.7 tonne into the layby.

Problem: Propshaft sheared from the transfer box.... I was thinking my 16 grans down the drain. The nice AA man took me home and the garage i bought it from paid for the repair cost. Yes there was a warranty however LLoyds decided it hadnt been in warranty long enough to honour it so the garage copped for the bill.

2 months of trouble free motoring and the engine warning light came on. Back to the stealer who diagnosed an EGR problem. The warranty company cocked the first time so would cop for the repair. Again the garage stepped up to the plate and repaired the RHS EGR value.

A further 3 months of motoring (not exactly trouble free) Low coolant code on the dash, afetr several times of topping up and bleeding the system. (Thinking it may be trapped air from when they did the EGR.

Back to the stealer, who at first said it was a cracked header unit but the left EGR valuve needed doing aswell. I agreed as it was now out of warranty.

After a phone call from the stealer he informed me they had done a "SNIFF Test " on the radiator and no CO2 was found. However the system was being preasurised. Afetr more diagnostics they have come back and said its the head gaskets and want 4 grand to get the vehicle sorted (worse case).

I have been back in contact with the garage to air my problem regarding the vehicle. Ihave told them my intentions.

I have lost confidence with the vehicle and tat after the first dealer made me aware of the issues, i will get a second opinion. (from another LR dealer) if the diagnistics come back the same I will pay for the repairs then try to claim back the cost through the small claims court.

HAS anyone else heard of this happening, or similiar faults ? I have read every page on here and have not read anythig regarding a head gasket ???? especially oe that doesnt pass a sniff test.

May I also add that the dealers communication was shocking No returned calls it was like pulling teeth to get an answer out of them and the inconsistance with the diagnoses was shocking ??? a header tank to a head gasket big difference.

As you can imagine Im alittle cross..... but have found a good place to bury the bodies.

Post #107838926th Mar 2013 1:24 pm
fishinmad

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

My propshaft went after 55k miles (if i could work out a way to post pics i would put them up to show the damage) out of warranty so no one wanted to know!
 Club Narpy Torch

“No return to boom and bust” Gordon Brown when chancellor
He has been proved right, now there is only bust! 

Post #107863626th Mar 2013 8:53 pm
Barnetboy1968

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
New to the forum

Afternoon all
Quick question about a terrible experience this weekend. Had the parking break fault appear on the dash and a loss of power. Went to change gear and could get nothing from neutral. I was in the fast lane at the time with no power. Very lucky escape. Once parked on the hard shoulder I could select a gear with the engine off but not when on. Car was recovered and once at the garage it seemed to be working ok but have left it to be checked out. Any thoughts

Post #10854979th Apr 2013 11:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >