Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

D4 2010 MY Assurance Programme
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
stevo

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Assurance program in Australia.

Australian landrover management will not confirm that the assurance program will be run in Aus. They have no time frame or will not confirm that they will be doing it at all! RIPPED OFF !!!!
 Disco 4 Sept 09  
Post #63852320th Apr 2010 2:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Not necessarily.......these issues may not be related to vehicles in your territory.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #63870220th Apr 2010 1:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ozd4

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Global closing, window bounce, flat battery, poor fuel economy, key not found, air suspension slow,
noisey brakes, headlight alinment, all exist here as well, and others.
LR oz are a RIP OFF, just compare spare part prices. anyway they probably wouldn't know how to do it.

Post #63890320th Apr 2010 8:40 pm
LRNoob

Netherlands 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

Well Assurance Program carried out yesterday. No wine, cake, chocolates or anything else..oh yes... a bill for the fuel used in the loaner.
Too early to say if there is any difference before/after the update.
 Peter  
Post #63902721st Apr 2010 7:01 am
Supercharged

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Just got my chocolates and cake in a nice wooden box - was offered the choice of this or wine. I went for this option to gain brownie points with SWMBO ...
 Paul

D4 HSE Zermatt Silver / Ebony 

Post #63919221st Apr 2010 2:30 pm
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I had my Assurance work done last week – not noticed any difference in performance MPG etc. Too early to say whether the ”low battery” fault is fixed, so I’m still carrying a starter pack just in case.

I eventually gave up waiting for the dealer to contact me and rang them directly to be informed that LR were not asking people to bring their cars in but would do whatever work was required at the next standard service or if the customer reported a problem. Evil or Very Mad When I expressed surprise about this (given two LRA callouts already – would have been several more but I now just jump start my own car rather than wait for LRA to do it) they went to check on the system. About an hour later I received a call saying that they would like to me to bring my car in ASAP for the work.

Can someone answer the following for me please:-

Are the dealers actually still meant to be actively calling cars back for this work? I believe the original version of the notice requested them to, but I was wondering if that had changed in any subsequent revisions.

Are the chocolates/wine a LR UK initiative (funded via the program) or is it left to the dealers to do this if they feel they want/need to? There has been no mention of any “thank you and sorry for the inconvenience” let alone chocolates or wine. Sad

Are LRCS actively monitoring whether this work is being carried out in a timely manner and if customers are being given their “thank you” gifts?

I did receive a voice mail from the garage today asking if I felt I had received “outstanding” (now that I think about it, I’m not sure they actually said outstandingly good Whistle ) service and that they hoped I would tell LRCS that if they contacted me. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Needless to say I am still calming down before calling them back.
Richard

Post #63929221st Apr 2010 6:05 pm
mro

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

i dont no if im just unlucky but after 5ooo trouble free miles i had the assurance work carried out at my local dealers,a week later i had the turbo selenoid problem land rover assistance recovered my d4 and 5 days later got it delivered back,now 2 days later ive had the gearbox fault light on dash and car would not start, after resetting the ignition a couple of times it started,called LRA out they checked battery which was ok and they said the gearbox fault was a switch on the comand shift now booked back in at dealers,i was under the impression that the assurance work included thease faults Neutral

Post #63935521st Apr 2010 7:37 pm
Q86ARR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Manual Bali BlueDiscovery 4

Gearbox fault wasn't added to Assurance program. Came as a suprise to us at work.

Post #63938821st Apr 2010 8:01 pm
mro

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

thanks Q86ARR im hoping this will be the end of the probs and i can carry on enjoying my d4 Thumbs Up

Post #63940421st Apr 2010 8:12 pm
gseum

Germany 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR4

Hello,

short feedback from Germany for fuel consumption before and after the updates with my 3.0l TDV6 (RRS indeed):

Before: slow boring driving, "Autobahn" max speed. 80 miles/h, normal street max speed. 62 miles/h
Fuel consumption: 19 mpg!!!

Before: normal driving with fun factor, "Autobahn" max speed. 100 miles/h, normal street max speed. 75 miles/h
Fuel consumption: 26 mpg!!!

The update brings a more powerful and more harmonical running engine and seem to address a lot of the other problems (battery drain, ghost seats, keyless).

Me dealer said, that there was a brand new, corrected software update on 19th/20th of April (Germany) to the bulletin Q093!

Greetings from Germany
gseum
 Discovery 4/LR4 HSE 5.0 V8 MY2010 // Volvo XC60 II T8 Inscription Fusion Red MY2020 // Hyundai Kona Electric Trend MY2020 // Bürstner TravelVan 620G MY2020  
Post #63982522nd Apr 2010 4:38 pm
BenSA

South Africa 

mro wrote:
had the assurance programme done last week,car was running great previously 5000miles no issues,this morn had the red triangle on and reduced performance message,landrover assistance coming out tomorro,well done landrover youve managed to make my disco 4 finally go bad Crying or Very sad maybe they hit the wrong button on the laptop Censored anyone else had this

Have the same problem. Car went in on Friday for the assurance program. Drove 7 km and got the reduced performance. Car was perfect for 6000 km until went in. Thank you landrover. Big Cry

Post #6436511st May 2010 4:18 pm
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
Are the chocolates/wine a LR UK initiative (funded via the program) or is it left to the dealers to do this if they feel they want/need to? There has been no mention of any “thank you and sorry for the inconvenience” let alone chocolates or wine.

Anyone know the answer to this please - just want to understand the rules before I discuss their service with them Wink
Richard

Post #6451835th May 2010 5:26 pm
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Mine went in today - and it isn't back yet! They had trouble installing the software from the Internet. You mean they download it each time?! Or this is the first D4 they've actually done (remember it's been me chasing them to get the work done, not the other way round...)

Martin

Post #6457266th May 2010 8:52 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

It sounds as though they have only just updates to SDD from the old IDS, it can be a bit tricky to install if they lack PC knowlage and the understanding of scripting problems.

Their was also from LR nternet update a few problems with some of the patches which caused a calibration update problem untill the next patch was installed.

Pete

Post #6457516th May 2010 9:43 pm
dshickle

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi All,

Had the LR assurance program completed yesterday.
I was told it was a 4hr download - sound a bit like a M$ Windows update to me.

Anyway, it fixed the windows - not sure about the MPG - will let you know.

Got the wine!

David
 Not yet through the mid-life crisis - still growing up  
Post #66377123rd Jun 2010 8:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >