Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

D4 Camera from surround camera system.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Ted Newman

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

To follow up on this thread - Is it possible to fit a camera to the rear of the caravan which can then connect into the D4 for giving a picture on the monitor when reversing the caravan?

We have the surround camera system as well as the tow assist and hitch assist BUT most accidental dings to the van are 'gained' when reversing the outfit.
 LR Discovery 4 XS pulling an Airstream 532 Caravan also own (since new) a 1996 MGF  
Post #80916621st Jun 2011 2:52 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Russell wrote:
Wiggs, will be looking at the back of the screen when I get time. Have you any pictures of the connectors and do you use the cable that you mentioned before from the forum shop? one last question, looking to get an extra camera to go on the back of the caravan, that is what I want the feed into the screen for, does that feed have to be switched on via the screen or will any feed in via these plugs over ride what ever is on the screen already.

do you have a reversing camera at the moment ...if yes ..single or surround cams ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #80917021st Jun 2011 2:56 pm
wiggs

Ted Newman wrote:
To follow up on this thread - Is it possible to fit a camera to the rear of the caravan which can then connect into the D4 for giving a picture on the monitor when reversing the caravan?

We have the surround camera system as well as the tow assist and hitch assist BUT most accidental dings to the van are 'gained' when reversing the outfit.

I am adding a digital camera to the rear of my trailer and using one of the front cam inputs to view it

Unfortunatly i cannot find any sort of splitter for the camera HSD leads ...so i have the option of leaving it connected to one of the front camera inputs all the time ...or just swap the plug when im towing .

You could even plug it into the reversing camera input ..as this will generate the yellow lines on the rear also .

Have tested it all ..and its all working ..just need to run some cables now
Post #80917421st Jun 2011 2:59 pm
CUCO

Spain 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

that's right wiggs, but i'm talkin about the brown one, i think that the brown one is a coax, the others, i mean the five at the right, starting in white, blue, green black and ending in pink, this are not coax cables.

maybe my previous post needs this:

"the surround system control box pictured up only jumper AND TRANSFORM rear camera input SIGNAL to the coaxial output SIGNAL..."

sorry. i don't want to confuse

if i'm wrong please tell me, i'm planning all my video inputs trough this cable as i dont want to install anything at the back of the screen or need to push a code to enter any secret menu. i want it simple. maybe i suppose that is a usual coax signal and it doesn't?

wiggs, from where do you pick signal in this video? http://www.youtube.com/user/wiggsdisco#p/a/u/1/2rTxezHKrUY

im planning to make too the touch screen mod as seen in youtube too, but when warranty expires, at this moment, only fast plug in plug out mods... Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by CUCO on 21st Jun 2011 3:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #80917621st Jun 2011 3:00 pm
wiggs

Yes the brown is the feed to the screen .

Youtube video is the brown coax signal taken from the camera module to the small screen shown in the video

Have you got surround cameras fitted or a standard rear cam ?
Post #80918221st Jun 2011 3:06 pm
CUCO

Spain 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

surround cameras with 2 camera cables dealer fixed at this moment, new installation from cameras to module.

Post #80918421st Jun 2011 3:09 pm
Ted Newman

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

wiggs wrote:
You could even plug it into the reversing camera input ..as this will generate the yellow lines on the rear also .

Have tested it all ..and its all working ..just need to run some cables now

This sounds very interesting Razz After all the cars reversing camera is not needed when hitched up - so the swap idea seems a brilliant solution Thumbs Up

Please keep me in formed when you have completed it as I would love to purchase such an item PLUS I am also interested in some of the other things that be activated on the XS Wink
 LR Discovery 4 XS pulling an Airstream 532 Caravan also own (since new) a 1996 MGF  
Post #80918521st Jun 2011 3:09 pm
wiggs

CUCO wrote:
surround cameras with 2 camera cables dealer fixed at this moment, new installation from cameras to module.

let me do some tests ..as i think you may have a problem watching something all the time ....a reversing camera would work no problem .
Post #80919121st Jun 2011 3:19 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

wiggs wrote:
Russell wrote:
Wiggs, will be looking at the back of the screen when I get time. Have you any pictures of the connectors and do you use the cable that you mentioned before from the forum shop? one last question, looking to get an extra camera to go on the back of the caravan, that is what I want the feed into the screen for, does that feed have to be switched on via the screen or will any feed in via these plugs over ride what ever is on the screen already.

do you have a reversing camera at the moment ...if yes ..single or surround cams ?

Wiggs I have the surround camera with tow assist and hitch assit. Like you I have been looking fo a splitter but not found one as yet. Am intrested in the plugs/pins in the back of the monitor/screen so any info from the oh so very wise one would be very greatly appreciated. Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #80928521st Jun 2011 5:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Im interested if you can retrofit the surround camera system - certainly the mirror cameras?

Post #81050424th Jun 2011 9:03 am
wiggs

couple of pics and a video of a different camera plugged in ...insted of the drivers front cam

excuse the naff pics and video ...was sunny and trying to watch the screen through the iphone while pressing the screen Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

video

Post #81080025th Jun 2011 12:44 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The pics are so good I swear I can see paddles on your steering wheel in the one!

Are they working yet Wiggs?

Post #81082325th Jun 2011 8:04 am
wiggs

Rolling with laughter

You can indeed Thumbs Up

Unfortunatly not ... Adjusted the ccf Sad .... So do I wait for the 2012 software to be released and hope it's compatable ... Or just do the wireless mod and get them working now ????
Post #81083225th Jun 2011 8:42 am
MY14 D4

Australia 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Surround Camera

Hi Guys,

very interesting thread indeed, I love the idea of placing cameras inside the car!

My question is this, If I have an MY14 D4 with Hi-line audio package at the touch screen reversing camera, but not the surround camera system, am I able to install more cameras into the existing system myself? One would assume that the ports would already be there at the back of the entertainment module, and that purchasing some HD 'reversing' cameras could be plugged straight in? If this does work, how would the software work?
Also does anybody have any circuitry diagrams or pictures of the 7" tft screen system?

Thanks in advance.

Post #129006528th May 2014 4:45 am
wiggs

The surround camera system uses a seperate camera module which has 5 digital camera inputs , and one output to the screen ( aswell as power and can bus signals )

The only way you would be able to add more to non surround system is get some sort of multiplexer that can show split screen / 4 cams etc .

Problem you would have then is viewing the reverse camera signal when its not in reverse .. You would have to go into the screens diagnostic menu
Post #129025628th May 2014 2:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >