Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

D4 Commercial one week in!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Nick_W

England 
D4 Commercial one week in!

Well, picked up my new Commercial last Saturday, after getting over the initial dissapointment that Land Rover had somehow not put the power upgrade in place so I'm running a 210bhp engine and not 245 as ordered, first impressions, fantastic, what an improvement on my 07 D3, the engine is brilliant, interior is now so much more refined and squeek free (for now anyway!!) The 20" splits look gorgeous, I'll add some photos when it stops raining..All in all, couldn't be happier (apart from the morrons at LR who Censored the power up!)
Hope I have many trouble free miles ahead of me...

Nick
 Disco 4 Commercial 3.0 TDV6, Stornoway Grey, 20" 10 spoke alloys , Sat Nav, Luxury Pack, DAB, Colour Coded  
Post #70697922nd Oct 2010 4:08 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Enjoy it Nick Thumbs Up
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #70699922nd Oct 2010 4:46 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ent had this same problem, have you rejected the car? As he had ordered the higher output version and got the std, he's driving around in it whilst they re-order the one that he asked for! You shoudl do the same I suggest! Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #70700022nd Oct 2010 4:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Nick

Looking forward to the photos in due course as mine is currently ordered as Stornoway but with build due in January I still have some time to ponder as the outgoing Audi is metallic grey and I fear that I may have opted for 'same again' in terms of colour!

How are the seats?

Rob

Post #70704322nd Oct 2010 6:28 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Bodsy wrote:
Ent had this same problem, have you rejected the car? As he had ordered the higher output version and got the std, he's driving around in it whilst they re-order the one that he asked for! You shoudl do the same I suggest! Thumbs Up

Agreed!! LR have feked up so they should deliver the vehicle you ordered & paid for!

Post #70710922nd Oct 2010 8:14 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Nick, if you do keep the car and wish to find your lost power upgrade at about half the cost of the LR one give me a shout i may be able to help.

Pete

Post #70715422nd Oct 2010 9:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Re: D4 Commercial one week in!

Nick_W wrote:
Land Rover had somehow not put the power upgrade in plac

As much as I'd like you to spend/save some money with Pete Mr. Green , write a letter to the dealer principal rejecting the D4 immediately.

There is no such thing as a power upgrade as far as Land Rover are concerned. The SDV6 is a differnt engine/model to the TDV6 one and not just a simple optional extra.

They have delivered the wrong car. (again!!!) Evil or Very Mad

If it was delivered in Fairy Pink would you still keep it? Didn't think so Laughing

Seriously - they wouldn't get away with delivering a GS when the customer ordered a HSE so don't get fobbed off the lower output engine......(unless you are happy with it and they give you a rebate + compensation).... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #70717122nd Oct 2010 10:05 pm
jkp

Scotland 
Re: D4 Commercial one week in!

PaulP wrote:

If it was delivered in Fairy Pink would you still keep it? Didn't think so Laughing

Mmmmm suits you Sir Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #70717322nd Oct 2010 10:08 pm
Nick_W

England 

Thanks guys for all your input, it wasn't quite as easy as simply rejecting it, I'd already sold my D3 so I was driving a jumbo transit from work, not much fun... and it was already at Atlantechs stripped out with seats being fitted, all be it I still hadn't pay for it at this point so could have left Duckworths to pick up the tab, but this seemed a little unfair after all the help they've given me sorting the seats etc and it wasn't there fault..so I decided to keep it, best LR could do was offer to 'rush' an other build through but would still take another 2 months, in the end I obviously didn't pay the £850 for the power upgrade and LR also deducted the same as a goodwill gesture, not much I know but i'm £1700 + vat better off on top of the discount I already got so to be honest I'm as happy as a pig in Censored , it still knocks the socks off my old D3!!
it will always Censored me off at at set of lights next to a RR Sport knowing the smarmy Censored has got more power than me but life goes on!
Rob, yes the seats are brill, a struggle to attach a infant seat too but a few zip ties later and I think i've sorted it, definetely worth the extra money over the Scotseats if you can persuade your FD.
Pete, I may be in touch in the future if I get bored with 210 but for the moment it seems ample, thanks!!
 Disco 4 Commercial 3.0 TDV6, Stornoway Grey, 20" 10 spoke alloys , Sat Nav, Luxury Pack, DAB, Colour Coded  
Post #70717922nd Oct 2010 10:28 pm
bellautos

Im glad you are happy with the car after the trouble you have had and its nice to get some money back also for the problems you were caused, in any power form the D4 is a fantastic car and im sure you will be happy with it for a very long time.

If you get chance please post pics and info of your new seats, ive not ever seen the non factory seats fitted so im curious what they are like.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 22nd Oct 2010 10:42 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #70718122nd Oct 2010 10:36 pm
Nick_W

England 

Will do Pete, did you crack the remap just out of interest, if so how much? Nick
Post #70718322nd Oct 2010 10:40 pm
bellautos

Yes its done. The commercial 210bhp ST1 power upgrade is 499+vat.

Pete

Post #70719122nd Oct 2010 10:52 pm
Geo

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Pete, the commercial 210bhp ST1 power upgrade, is that for the 2.7 engine? Can it be done with the remap interface? Or do you still need to have the vehicle into your garage.
Regards George.

Post #70734223rd Oct 2010 1:36 pm
bellautos

Geo wrote:
Pete, the commercial 210bhp ST1 power upgrade, is that for the 2.7 engine? Can it be done with the remap interface? Or do you still need to have the vehicle into your garage.
Regards George.

Hi George

The 2.7L D4 is only 190bhpwhich is different from the 210 bhp 3.0L.

We also do the tuning for the D42.7L engine but its only currently available at our workshops and not as yet on the current BAS interface.

Pete

Post #70735123rd Oct 2010 1:54 pm
Geo

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Ok. If you could let me know when this tune is ready on the interface.
Thanks George.

Post #70737823rd Oct 2010 3:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >