Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Doesn't fill you with confidence
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

It was more their attitude that annoyed me. The wheel incident with Beadles was obviously worse than this and I've missed out lots of conversations with attitude of " yes Sir, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about but we do".Beadles had put new wiring loom in for same problem a year before which solved it for 12 months or so.I posted this a couple of months back.
As this is a regular subject I'll throw in my experience. Had all the usual special programmes off etc faults showing up on and off for considerable period but could not find cause. Even spent time with site sponsor Geoff trying to solve mystery including changing compressor bought off this forum and proved to be working OK. Still did not solve it so agreed it would have to go to main dealer. They insisted it was compressor and wanted to charge me £700 + for new one and after much discussion about current one working they put new one on. Phone call next day to say it had not solved anything so new compressor off and old one back on. Dealer kept car for 5 days of tests and could not find cause after consulting Solihull BUT they took battery off ( which was only a week old) and when put back on no fault showing. They asked to keep car extra two days for tests and still could not find any fault so they admitted they are baffled but asked me to take car away and come back as soon as suspension fault show up. It did not. However, left car at Heathrow for 5 days until yesterday and when I got back and started her up suspension fault amber lights showed up. Recycled ignition and all was well again. Tested battery when I got home and it registered a low charge so I'm wondering is there something that drains the battery when parked up as a low battery will cause amber light to come on.
Very odd as it is a brand new battery. So, if a main dealer camping find a fault after 7 days I have little chance doing it myself. They charged me £60 for the testing as they could not find the fault but must have spent hours doing so. Been ok for a few months now.

Post #132965126th Aug 2014 8:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >