Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Extended warranty for MY16
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I had a similar experience with MotorEasy. The more I asked for the more they said yes to. I didn't have to push very hard to have crank cover, full engine cover and full front AND rear aircon covered.

It sounded far too good to be true.

Maybe I've missed out but I passed...
 Jim

2014 Discovery 4 XXV SDV6 Causeway Grey
2016 Discovery 4 HSE Lux SDV6 Loire Blue - now gone 

Post #23442233rd Aug 2023 11:29 am
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Land Rover quoted me £2700 for their warranty for 3 years but no crank case cover. Motor Easy want to put the car in for repair at one of their nominated repair centres. I don't think so........
 6 LRs last one 2009 HSE D3.
Current D5 HSE LUX 2019. 

Post #23442273rd Aug 2023 12:01 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I’ve got a very slow puncture, just about to call LRA to change the wheel for me. Might as well, seeing as I pay handsomely for the service.

Worth it though in my opinion for the peace of mind and ease of use. As an example, earlier this year I had a small coolant leak. The replacement part was on back order, so I was given a new car to use during the wait.

I’m hoping to keep the mileage down so that I can get a further two more years. Once the mileage goes over 100k miles I can’t renew.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #23442423rd Aug 2023 1:03 pm
Sylvester19

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Just got my renewal in from the new Warranty Direct owners, had to sit down, £3356 for the year, think the last one cost £1500 for 3 years!

Post #234655130th Aug 2023 11:16 pm
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

I’ve noticed Warranty Direct tend to lure you in initially with a cheap price for year one, but go to renew and they get their pound of flesh. A marketing strategy that must pay off for them in honesty.

Post #234656431st Aug 2023 7:45 am
Froogle-Yorkshireman

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

LT wrote:
Worth it though in my opinion for the peace of mind and ease of use. As an example, earlier this year I had a small coolant leak. The replacement part was on back order, so I was given a new car to use during the wait.

LT that is interesting, did you get a replacement vehicle beacuase you had a LR extended warranty or was the replacement vehicle issued specifically because you have the LRA eliment of the policy?

How does it work? Is there a time limit on a loan vehicle?

Post #234658631st Aug 2023 10:39 am
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

I’ve got a LR named warranty run by Car Care Plan. After the initial 24 hours, it’s limited to 7 days car hire. They stick rigidly to the T&Cs.

As for LR or a dealership providing you with one, what I find is due to the scarcity of dealership courtesy cars, you’re unlikely to be offered anything by them.

LR may offer you a complimentary car hire something depending on what’s gone wrong, your history of dealership buying LRs, servicing, having their LR named warranty etc, but don’t count on it.

Post #234658731st Aug 2023 11:06 am
Robert SausageTrousers

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4

My 2p, having had crank failure on a D4 i'd bought from an indy with a tinpot warranty i'd never own a LR product that wasn't bought and warrantied through LR again, my car goes to LR for absolutely everything, I wouldn't consider a warranty through anyone other than them.

Post #234660331st Aug 2023 3:48 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Froogle-Yorkshireman wrote:
LT wrote:

LT that is interesting, did you get a replacement vehicle beacuase you had a LR extended warranty or was the replacement vehicle issued specifically because you have the LRA eliment of the policy?

How does it work? Is there a time limit on a loan vehicle?

Good question, but I’m not sure what the answer is. It could well be due to having the additional LRA.

Enterprise did want their car, a brand new Mercedes, back after 7 days but the LR main dealer who had my FFRR sorted it out with Enterprise and I ended up having the Enterprise car for about 5 weeks.

Actually, I found the drivers seat in the Mercedes GLB to be incredibly uncomfortable, so they swapped it for an E class and then later for a BMW 5 series estate.

Whilst the FFRR was at the dealers the windscreen got mysteriously cracked. They were very good about that and I took it back to them a few days later (when they had a new windscreen in stock). They changed it and also did an oil service for free. That took a couple of days, during which I had a brand new Jaguar F Pace thingy, from the dealer not Enterprise.

Previously, when the FFRR was in for a couple of minor issues that I claimed on, via a different main dealer, Enterprise wanted their car back after 7 days but the dealer then gave me one of their loan cars for a couple of days until mine was ready.

Post #234660631st Aug 2023 5:46 pm
Froogle-Yorkshireman

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks LT - I guess with the LR Assist you stand a better chance of having something diagnosed quicker.

I have the LR Warranty but not the Assist as I have cover elsewhere.

Got to say the LR Warranty have always been good to me and if you tie that in with a proactive dealership it's pretty comprehensive.

Post #234664331st Aug 2023 11:02 pm
LT

Over the past 17 years I’ve used LRA a lot. Even for very minor issues.

The convenience of having a well trained and usually LR knowledgeable technician turning up at my home or office to diagnose and or fix a problem, usually within an hour or so of calling them, is well worth the additional cost for me.

I have separate breakdown and recovery via my bank account, but when I’ve used it for my two older vehicles, when they eventually turn up, all they want to do is to recovery the vehicle. They’ve no interest in diagnosing or fixing the fault.

Post #23466451st Sep 2023 12:26 am
Robert SausageTrousers

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4

A few years ago I had an issue with my 911 so rang the AA, they sent a guy who turned up and stood in front of the car and asked me to open the bonnet, at that point I just asked him to arrange for a tow.

It's always better to have whoever's working on your car understand that car in particular. I'm with LT all the way here.

Post #23466521st Sep 2023 7:58 am
tomgc61

United Kingdom 

I spoke to a Land Rover main dealer who are selling low mileage 2016 D4. It comes with one years warranty. They said they could extend it to a three year warranty for an extra £1700 and yes, it does include crank failure.

Post #23551025th Dec 2023 10:18 pm
jonno1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

It’s been said before but probably worth mentioning given this latest rush of optimism regarding LR Extended Warranty (ie: Car Care Plan).
Having had this warranty on my Discos and Jags for several years, I never had an issue with any claim for parts and labour.
However, regarding crank failure, not to be confused with other reasons for engine failure, the shell bearing issue with the V6 diesel engine is classed as a ‘known issue’ and will not be covered by the LR extended warranty. In addition, the strip and inspect costs are not covered if the claim is not accepted.
This is how it always has been unless things have changed, which would be a welcome relief. I believe there is now an excess with this warranty too.

Post #235720330th Dec 2023 11:49 am
NJSS

Tommgc61 - Apologies for the delayed welcome.

Quote:
It comes with one years warranty. They said they could extend it to a three year warranty for an extra £1700 and yes, it does include crank failure.

I think you need to confirm who is offering this warranty. Is it JLR ?

Good luck.

NJSS

Post #235720730th Dec 2023 12:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >