DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

Genesis to the rescue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Genesis to the rescue

Not long ago, i noticed that the upper tailgate on my RRS was not opening when the button was pressed.
I shortly also discovered that it would open when the entire tailgate was open which is actually the reverse of how it should be.

I considered a lock switch defect, but figured that other than this reversal, things were working as they should and i had no tailgate open message when it was closed or vice versa.

I checked the wiring schematics and all inputs and outputs are directly to / from the BCU/CJB.

Clearly something was amiss at the software level, and given that my vehicle is not only my current daily transport but is also a bit of a donar for testing our software on i suspected that something had been changed in the vehicles CCF that would cause this.
Of course i could have just set my RRS's CCF back to as built, but i have made some changes i wish to keep, like adding Flappy Paddles

So i used my Nanocom Evolution to read and save a copy of my CCF as an "AS IS" file that i uploaded to Genesis and expected that i would have to spend some time sifting throught the vast numbers of settings to figure.

However i was pretty pleased to learn that Genisis has now got quite a few additional features that provide quite an assortment of automated comparison options that even i was unaware had been implimented.

Click image to enlarge

Using these Genesis compare functions it took mere seconds for me to identify the relative offending change in my vehicles CCF

Click image to enlarge

A couple of clicks later I was flashing my vehicles CCF with my Nanocom to the correct modified CCF and lo and behold i do now have a correctly working Tailgate as well as Flappy Paddles currently saved and uploaded to Genesis as a new "AS IS" file called "very happy"

After my next mod, i expect to be "very happy 1" and so on Rolling with laughter

Post #128843823rd May 2014 5:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >