Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

What I love about my new D4...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
emer

Ireland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4
What I love about my new D4...

got it yesterday... HSE, black on black.

here's what I've noticed so far, but i haven't done many miles yet...

it feels a lot lighter than my D3 did

it is so much quicker off the mark... not sure about faster yet, will check that out tomorrow Smile

my iphone plugs in to the system and the playlist shows up on the nav screen, AND.. I can scroll through the playlist from the steering wheel controls Very Happy

the phone system works beautifully with my iphone - contacts upload immediately, and again I can scroll through them via the wheel, or use voice control which seems much sharper than it was in the d3

i can set my sat nav whilst driving (not that I am recommending this Whistle ), and there is no delay like there was in my old pal.

the heated seats have three settings, which means my bum can now be hot, warm, or luke-warm Very Happy

i can't help but take up two spaces when I go to tesco (i know, I know... I hated those people too, but now I feel their pain), and I parked at the opposite corner of the car park.

it feels more comfortable... but is that just in my head?!

I wonder why they've moved the cup holders back... I might get wrist strain as I like my mcdonalds drive-thru coffees (often).

I wonder if I'll remember that I don't have to take my keys out of my bag Confused

I wonder if I'll remember that I have to lock the car, that it doesn't do that for you Whistle

i love the rear camera, as being a female, spatial awareness isn't my strong point Wink

All in all, two Thumbs Up so far, and I can't wait to go to Ireland in two weeks - the drive will be even more of a thrill now.

Post #62047614th Mar 2010 12:05 am
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4
Re: What I love about my new D4...

emer wrote:

my iphone plugs in to the system and the playlist shows up on the nav screen, AND.. I can scroll through the playlist from the steering wheel controls Very Happy

Hmm, mine won't do that... I can skip forwards and back a track, but not scroll the list. (And why doesn't the list scroll automatically when the current track goes off screen?!) Which flavour of phone have you got? I wonder if there's been an software update to make sensible use of all those buttons!

emer wrote:

I wonder if I'll remember that I don't have to take my keys out of my bag Confused

Won't take long. I keep getting into MrsR's car with the keys still in my pocket and wondering why it won't start - and that's despite having to use the remote to unlock mine!

Post #62053614th Mar 2010 10:09 am
sleth

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

Martin, mine is same as yours but about to go in for the quality assurance s/w upgrade - will advise if it changes Thumbs Up
 Steve
D4 XS 13 Firenze Red / Black Design Pack
RRS HSE 11 White Pimp Mobile
D4 TDV6 XS 09/59 Bali Blue, MTRs
D3 TDV6 HSE 08/09 Java Black
D2 TD5 ES
P38 HSE
D1 TDi 300 

Post #62055814th Mar 2010 11:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >