Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

What a joke!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
carpenpa

United Kingdom 
When the VAT is due

My dealer told me that the VAT is calculated when you actually pay for the goods (in full either by cash or loan etc). You can not buy the car before it actually exists, so you have to wait until it has a valid chassis number. One this is available the car is considered to exist and can be paid for even though it has not been fully built yet. The chassis number is released as the chassis enters the production line, usually 3 weeks or so before the vehicle arrives at the dealers.

I was getting very impatient waiting for my D4 for which I was getting 2.5 K knocked off the list price (inc extras) of £50K. The dealer could only offer me similar ex-demos with 6K on the clock for £46K if I was not prepared to wait. I only got the discount because I have been a regular customer of theirs and they had been a bit inefficient getting the order out in the first place.

VAT increase aside, which I agree seems unfair, as a new owner I really think it was worth the wait and if you go for something else you may well regret it. If you already have a D3 I would say at least you have something decent to be driving around in whilst you wait. If you don't, a late D3 would be the only alternative I would (and did) consider. Thumbs Up
 Thoroughly enjoying my landrovers in the southwest.  
Post #68414819th Aug 2010 7:12 pm
ijwoo1

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I found a dealer that had a spec-changeable pre-order. I should now be driving my D4 in the first week of October.

I'm still not sure if the problem was dealer specific or whether any new order placed now will not be delivered until 2011, ulness the dealer has an existing unallocated pre-order in the build queue.

Post #68613725th Aug 2010 10:30 pm
Rick

Having spoken to a dealer during test drive a few weeks ago he said the uk allocation of cars was been reduced due to the fact they can charge more money in emerging markets hence more profit!!!

My dealer quote for a hse he had pre purchased in niether the exterior colour or interior colour of my choice was approx £1000/month (contract hire no maint). Where as lombard were quoting £750/month. Over 3 years difference is £9000 !!!!!!!!

While i'm sure I may be able to find a dealer with correct d4 colour n spec wise the price diference is a huge amount to swallow...........

I also suspect that now the dealers have confirmation no more d4's till march they'll be selling to the highest bidder or certainly not offering any remotely competitive prices. ( Not that they were competitive in the first place ) Crying or Very sad

Post #68635326th Aug 2010 4:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >