Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Lights or no lights???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
weim71

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Skep wrote:
Guess you mean me as i am the only 1 thats replied that has an SE!!!! no unfortunately i dont have Xenons and thought the headlights were a bit dull, the spots make driving at night alot better, almost like daylight again! The LR spots are a bit of a Censored to fit but do look the best IMHO Thumbs Up

Yeah, sorry i got a bit distracted when i was sending the reply.

Its going for a service next week so im getting the lamp guards fitted and just couldnt make my mind up about the lights. So if i do get them, i'll have a nice big bill by the end of the day Shocked
 07 D3 Zermatt Silver, Stainless Steel Tubes, Chrome Mirror caps, Tints.  
Post #26435225th Feb 2008 10:48 pm
Skep

Location: between Sheffield, Chesterfield, Worksop and Mansfield

United Kingdom 

Could be a bit pricey with that lot! if your having both the stealer might as well put the light guards on if not then its a half hour job which you should be able to do yourself, might save you £30 Whistle
 '16 Volvo XC90 R Design Bursting Blue (Vera)
'12 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Fuji White (Daz - Gone Sad
'10 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black (Vinnie - Gone)
'07 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 SE Stornoway Grey (Gone)
Club Side Skeps 

Post #26436825th Feb 2008 11:15 pm
r1ure

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I had a dealer fit the A frame and driving lamps last summer.
I phoned round an the prices quoted were all over the place.
Dealer in Glasgow did them both for £411.25 (fitting only - parts were from ebay)

One dealer stated they would't fit the a frame, some change in Euro regulations about bull bars etc but they wanted over £400 for the lights alone.

I went for the dealer fitting them as we had just had our third baby and I could'nt see where I was going to get the time to get them done on my own and I was a bit reluctant to drill the holes in the bumber for the A frame.

The lamp guards I fitted myself and really anybody could do it, all the holes for the fittings are there alreay so they just screw in, the most difficult bit it releasing the headlamps.
I fould the locking mechanism a bit difficult to release.

I think the lamps look good either with or without the A frame, but I think the headlamp guards are a must with the drivinglamps.

If you do decide to go for the driving lamps, try and get a couple of quotes from the dealers local to you an try and play them off against each other if you've got a choice within reasonable travelling distance.
I always do this for servicing as well, it'll surprise you what they can knock off the price if they think you're going somewhere else.

Post #26438926th Feb 2008 12:10 am
al cope

England 

Cheers Si - still 20's Laughing

As far as I know, Safari 5000's still availible, check with TheLargeOne. Much more light availible than standard halogens.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #26445726th Feb 2008 9:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
weim71

I had a quote of £1100 for 1st service, Lamp guards front and back, LR Lights. Thats parts, fitted and VAT.

How does that sound?
Post #26454926th Feb 2008 12:40 pm
StuRox

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just make sure that if you get the LR lights fitted, you DON'T want the A-frame, as they have to cut the bumper to fit the lights, which will then be seen if you later fit an A-Bar - as this is what I have found, so now if I go down the route of an A-Bar, will need to fit a new Bumper too Rolling Eyes

Post #26455226th Feb 2008 12:51 pm
weim71

Yeah they know that i just want the lights. They fit straight on to the bumper right?
Post #26455826th Feb 2008 1:01 pm
StuRox

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

They fit onto the steel member under the bumper, so the need to cut the top part of the bumper for the steel shafts to come through

Post #26456226th Feb 2008 1:09 pm
al cope

England 

thats what I didnt want on mine. I have the safari 5000's mounted on the grill. The cables are via a plug and socket so that the grill can still come out very easily.

Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #26459326th Feb 2008 2:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Driving Lamps

SN wrote:
Lamp Guards require Driving Lamps - and vice versa - oh and the driving lamps should be surrounded by a Nudge Bar too

Agree totally with SN - I've also replaced the Driving Lamp standard bulbs with Osram Nightbreakers

Click image to enlarge
[/img]

Post #26541727th Feb 2008 10:13 pm
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I love the HID lights - they are brilliant - but if you do much long distance driving, I think you'd benefit from a really good driving lot, in a spot-light configuration - the D3 doesn't need any extra spread, but I think a long distance spotty is a good idea.

I'm about to put an ECB nudge bar on with a pair of LightForce 240 XGT driving lights... Just to finsih it off!

Smile
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #26590529th Feb 2008 2:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >