Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

New Discovery 4 --
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
uttanutta

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
New Discovery 4 --

First post but have lurked for months watching enviously as others ordered and collected their new vehicles. I collected my Zermatti Silver (Ebony interior) hi-ICE - E-Diff - on Friday after ordering from the dealer (Brisbane Australia) in February. The trip home (some 450 klms) was a dream ride except for one disconcerting moment... (the auto windscreen wipers were on as there was drizzle when I collected the car... these didn't respond again until 400klms into the journey and with the windscreen covered with dead bugs, one must have splattered right where the sensor was and the wipers automatically came on and smeared 1000 dead bugs into a 2 millimeter layer of bug guts. Shocked Needed to check the wiper fluid anyway so was a good test) .. since Friday have spent the weekend with SWMBO touring the wineries some 250 klm from home . She considers the vehicle too quiet! too comfortable, too easy to drive (yes I had to let her drive but only for 25 klm) and embarrassingly boring compared to our previous ride (V8 Sedan). What better critique could you ask for. Thumbs Up The only issues I have noticed are an excessive amount of brake dust, (noted before by many) and my halogen beams are way too high aiming into the trees looking for possums, apart from that a "dream first weekend". Will definitely put some spotlights onto the bullbar when it becomes available. Mr. Green

Post #65471030th May 2010 7:55 am
DIONYS33

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Hi

Congratulations ! You must be really happy afetr such a long waiting tme !!

Your first impressions are great. I wait for mine for end of june...

If you can, please send photos of the both inside and outside ...

Bye
 Disco 4 SDV6 HSE nara bronze
BMW 530XD touring
VOLVO XC 70 185 cv
VOLVO XC 70 163 cv
VOLVO 850 D5
VOLVO 850 2,5 16 v
VOLVO 240 GL SW 

Post #65471530th May 2010 8:36 am
uttanutta

DIONYS33,
I have loaded some files in my gallery.... it is an unbelievable vehicle. well worth the wait....

Post #65501731st May 2010 12:30 pm
Dexter

Scotland 

Very 8) . Thanks for the pictures - still one of the best colours, I think.

Post #65502031st May 2010 12:45 pm
DIONYS33

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

uttanutta,

Thank you for the pictures !

Mine will be Nara Bronze with almond / arabica leather but your choice of colours is also very nice !
My today BMW has quite the same colours like your D4, so I wanted to change ...

It is very interesting to get your driving impressions. Do not hesitate to post as you did ! It is just great for people waiting ...
And thank you in advance .

dionys33
 Disco 4 SDV6 HSE nara bronze
BMW 530XD touring
VOLVO XC 70 185 cv
VOLVO XC 70 163 cv
VOLVO 850 D5
VOLVO 850 2,5 16 v
VOLVO 240 GL SW 

Post #65508031st May 2010 5:29 pm
uttanutta

OK its been a week of constant smiling, 2,000klm (I do a lot of k's in my work) and so far I cannot fault the new Discovery. It is an extremely comfortable vehicle over some not so good roads out here in western Queensland Australia. Quiet, comfortable and very very capable. I have not had a chance to take it seriously off-road yet but daily trips on gravel and wet black soil roads has convinced me that it does the little things so easily that it will take the big things in its stride.
The halogen lights shine way to high and the only adjustment is for the whole lighting unit and therefore when the halogens are at the correct height, the bi-xenons are pointing at the ground right in front of the vehicle. This seems to be a common problem and Land Rover assistance Australia tells me that they are aware of the issue and are in discussions with LR UK regarding a solution. (Obviously many people have the same issue).
I love the colour combination of the Silver and Ebony interior and have put the LR rubber mats right through the vehicle as well as tinted the windows to 35%. I have wired a dual battery system in (Traxide) for use when I carry the fridge freezer and a back up for the cranking battery. I'm not sure whether I need to do much more apart from get myself a roo-bar (when they are finally released for sale) and get some decent driving lights on it.
My son is travelling home soon to see the new vehicle and as a 4WD enthusiast he will no doubt put the Disco through its paces. I will try to get some photos of it doing what it is really meant to do and post them on my gallery.
For any of those reading this and who are currently waiting for their orders to be delivered...... be patient, it is well worth the wait.
 Discovery 4 the greatest 4wd on the planet. LandRover the worst customer service imaginable. Do you have to put up with one to experience the other? Apparently yes!!!!  
Post #6564404th Jun 2010 12:01 am
uttanutta

Just an update, took the Disco 4 out for a little test, performed admirably. even got to extend the suspension which is quite remarkable.
Taking your feet off the pedals when descending hills still seems to be quite a disconcerting thing to do, but very effective.
photos in my gallery.
also watch

(going up a fairly steep incline with no wheel slip at idle !! very impressive)

(lowering the suspension from over extended down to access)
 Discovery 4 the greatest 4wd on the planet. LandRover the worst customer service imaginable. Do you have to put up with one to experience the other? Apparently yes!!!!  
Post #65986613th Jun 2010 9:08 am
jdea

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Looks good... I like those mags. Are they standard?

I would love to trade up to a D4 .. Why do teenagers cost so much?????

Post #66015513th Jun 2010 10:20 pm
uttanutta

Yep, mags are standard on the 3L SE.. Teenagers always cost too much but fortunately after high school and university they go off and find themselves a job, which leaves a little spare cash for a toy or two, this is mine !! 8)
Post #66023714th Jun 2010 2:25 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >