Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

Official member now = Disco 4 TDV6 3.0 HSE in Ipanema Sand
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Discobox

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I'm liking Ipanema more and more and after seeing these pics...very nice Thumbs Up
 57 Stornoway XS
05 Arctic 987S 

Post #64047123rd Apr 2010 10:46 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Koen - looks good. Just the same combo as ours - D4, Ipanema, HSE, 20" with the 1 wife and 1 daughter option Razz

Be careful with those wheels and tyres though. I have been shocked to learn how "delicate" this combination is. The Pirelli tyres have a very soft side wall and as the 20" wheels mean the side wall is shallow and seems to extend out well beyond the wheel rim - the result is it is very easy to damage those tyres. We have now had to replace every one of them on ours within the first 5 months of ownership. The first died on a kerb stone, the 2nd and third died together on a small rock hidden in snow at the side of the road and the fourth died in a pot hole. Thankfully we have been "lucky" enough for each of the original 4 tyres to have been the damaged ones - so we have a reasonably new set all around.

The pot hole damaged tyre was only spotted by me when I borrowed the car (it is my wife's daily drive) and found the vehicle pulling slightly to the left. On investigation the tyre was down to 17 psi and on further investigation the side wall had a really nasty tear in it. Replaced immediately, but I do worry about how long the wife had been driving with the tyre like that. This being a wife who has never checked tyre pressure, oil or water in her life !

In 100,000 miles in 2 D3's with 18" and 19" wheels we never had to replace a damaged tyre. On my RRS's with 20" wheels I have had to replace only 1 damaged tyre in 120,000 miles. So either we have been very unlucky, or much worse drivers in the D4 or these wheels and tyres are significantly more vulnerable. I suspect its a bit of both plus the horrible state of the roads this year. Big Cry

Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #64050624th Apr 2010 7:09 am
koen_dr

Belgium 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Thanks for the heads up, my GF is indeed also not so caring, I don't even think se knows how to check tire pressure Very Happy
 2015 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White with Black pack
Old:2010 LR4 Discovery 3.0TDV6 HSE Full Spec 

Post #64051524th Apr 2010 8:34 am
ilron

Norway 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

Good to know!
I expect delivery of an D4 with 20" in May.

I plan to put some slightly over sized Cooper Zeon LTZ's on them when the original tires are worn out, perhaps an option worth considering if the Pirelli's keep getting damaged?

http://disco3.co.uk/forum/topic32452.html

Post #64053424th Apr 2010 9:52 am
koen_dr

Belgium 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Blown the windshield yesterday Censored

Dealer could get me a window from the factory in England, should be installed Tuesday; as I leave for a trip to France the next day and they also said that it wouldn't be wise to drive that distance with the window in this condition...

It started by a rock chip I suppose, but we know a thing or two about glass since that our core business and I think that the windshield is installed under huge stress because it keeps cracking further and further without even driving...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2015 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White with Black pack
Old:2010 LR4 Discovery 3.0TDV6 HSE Full Spec 

Post #64324230th Apr 2010 4:11 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

That's a bummer. But very common in UK recently since all the ice this winter has created a lot more loose stones on the roads.

I had the same thing happen to me on my RRS in March. A stone hit lower centre of screen, then a few moments later a sharp "crack" noise and the screen split accross to one side. An hour or so later the same sharp "crack" noise and it split all the way accross the other side. I ordered a screen which took 3 days to arrive but carried on driving without any problems (although slightly nervous that the screen was going to give up at anytime). Cost was about £500 and insurance company did not want to know..

When you get your new screen fitted - check they have not damaged the paint work, lost your tax disc, not fitted the side plastic covers correctly and ensure your auto dimming headlights and rain sensing washer wipe still works. These are all wired up to the screen.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #64336130th Apr 2010 8:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >