Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Oil leak , Suspected front crank seal, ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Darryl

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 S Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Oil leak , Suspected front crank seal, ?

Recently had to top my oil up, It was saying add 1 litre on the gauge, Put the car on the level and it was asking for a litre and half , Topped up with just half a litre as I just wanted to add a little at a time, Then the gauge got to ok, After a good look around with the torch there’s oil coming from somewhere, The car went into Indy for the handbrake shoes and a clean as this was sticking previous to this so asked him to whip the bottom plate off and have a look, He suspects front crank seal but can’t tell till it’s stripped down including belts which arnt due just yet but obviously would replace as matter of caution whilst stripping down , Question is is there anyway of telling if it’s the seal beforehand? Or something else as it’s around that area, Wouldn’t be so bad if the belts were due but obviously a unnecessary expense to add to it , Also read a few stories about it leaking again if not fitted correctly, Indy hasn’t done one for a while either he said Shocked , Car is in for mot this week with another garage who’s worked on the car before so have asked him to have a second look while it’s in , He’s fairly good with Landrovers as he owns a few but seems to think it’s not the seal even just from the phone call Whistle , Told me to stop listening to and reading all the Censored online Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Where would we be without it ?

Post #236287425th Feb 2024 1:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >