Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

One year old! - The story so far..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DerekT

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
One year old! - The story so far..

One year gone and 25,000 miles driven. Still a pleasure to drive, main problem being trying to obey speed limits. It is always itching to go, plenty in reserve. Problems? the initial software glitches with global window closing and battery drain, but nothing since then. Having said that, was in to get internal door trim on driver's door replaced, (£450) Took a gouge out of it when the seatbelt buckle did not retract before closing the door. This took 3 months to arrive!

Had to get front wing re-sprayed thanks to a car park ding from someone opening a door on to it, another £250 thank you.

Is due to go in for parking sensor light staying on, albeit it dim. Started doing that intermittently in wet weather, now always on.

Any thoughts on replacement tyres? Scorpion Zero's on at the moment but getting near the legal limit on the front and will have to be changed before winter. Also VED due, expensive month!

Apart from that still a joy to drive and no Oil leaks! (Yet) Very Happy

Post #70307213th Oct 2010 3:14 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

What was your battery drain symptoms, and what was the cause.

My battery went dead after being parked up for 12 days - dealer couldnt find any problems. the mods for the Feb 2010 enhancement programme were already applied and all software and patches upto date. Im just waiting until i go on holiday again to see if it flattens the battery again..
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #70308913th Oct 2010 4:51 pm
DerekT

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Re battery drain symptons - use to get a console message saying "battery low - start engine" after sitting in car listening to radio waiting for SWMBO. (No heated seats on) Couple of times it threatened not to start. Asked that battery and electrics be checked when it went in for 16000 mile service. Came back said all OK no problems found. Probably a typical response!. Since then no problems. Have left it for 2-3 weeks in Airport car park and no problem starting it. (The brakes had bound and I could not remember how to switch on the lights however Embarassed )

I would expect it to have a battery drain now with the parking sensor light always on, but this has not manifested itself yet.

Post #70310613th Oct 2010 5:47 pm
Supercharged

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

I also had a battery drain problem in the early months with the car, same issue with warning to start the engine.

Dealer said that the threshold for the warning was set wrongly. The software update fixed the problem. Never any actual problems starting.

I have also just completed a year and 11,000 trouble-free miles in a fantastic car. Can't wait for the winter Laughing
 Paul

D4 HSE Zermatt Silver / Ebony 

Post #70341314th Oct 2010 12:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >