Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Parcel Monkey & DPD... terrible and lazy service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nebc100

Luxembourg 
Parcel Monkey & DPD... terrible and lazy service

Just wanted to let off steam, and HOPE that no-one on here has had such bad service from DPD & Parcel Monkey

I ordered a part from a member on the D5 forum. Paid him, and he organised the shipping to me here in Luxembourg (Comment... the forum member has been EXCELLENT, and this is in NO WAY his fault!!)

The item was shipped, and I was given a DPD tracking number.

The parcel has not turned up!!

Tracking says it is currently in "customs clearance", but one site says it is with DPD Netherlands, one site says it is "in transit".

It has been like this for 3 weeks now.

This morning I called DPD BELUX and they "cannot do anything because the parcel has not entered their network yet", and I should "call the sender".

I then called DPD NL, and they said "it is with Customs in Luxembourg, so we cannot do anything". They then added,,, "You should call the sender".

I then called Luxembourg Customs, and they were very helpful, but said that DPD BELUX don't do any customs imports, and they then checked if they had any record of it, and came up with nothing... the parcel is NOT with Luxembourg Customs!!

So I called DPD NL again, and now they have changed their tune... they now say that the parcel hasn't left the UK, and that the tracking details are all just "digital scans" and not "physical scans"... "please call the sender" ,,, was all they could say.

So... since DPD UK had told me that the parcel was shipped with Parcel Monkey, I contacted them....

They wouldn't/couldn't help because I didn't know the Parcel Monkey tracking number for it!! The DPD tracking number was of no use to them!!

The bottom line is.... Parcel Monkey don't seem to WANT to help, DPD seem to be clueless, and so I am now going to have to wait for the seller to get an answer (if he ever does) from DPD/Parcel Monkey

All I can say... these shipping companies have the laziest staff I have ever come across... they could not give a damn about the goods of their customers!!

I am only posting here so that more people get to know how bad these companies are, and take their business elsewhere.

Again... I would like to thank the seller on the D5 site for how responsive HE has been, and I cannot thank him enough for his assistance.

Post #23574652nd Jan 2024 4:27 pm
rrhool

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Both ParcelMonkey and DPD are awful. Had poor experiences with both, and I refuse to use ParcelMonkey ever again. I still get deliveries from DPD (if they can be bothered to deliver to me) that other people have instigated, but I won't use them to send anything. I think everyone has a story about a courier company not acting properly!
 Richard

D3 SE 2007. Triumph 2.5Pi 1973. Ferguson TEA20 1948.

Discovery 2 4.0 ES 2001- Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi ES '95 - Gone
Range Rover Classic '79 - Gone 

Post #23574682nd Jan 2024 5:00 pm
Carl and Petra

France 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

A couple of years ago i had a dpd parcel hit 8 countries before it went back to the sender…..he has never used them since.
I only have parcel troubles with dpd.

Post #23574692nd Jan 2024 5:05 pm
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

The Post Office isnt much better!

Eldests partner got a parcel sent from her mum in the mountains near Chengdu, China, think it cost £50 or the equivalent to send, tracked and insured. It hadnt arrived by Christmas, wasn’t tracking, so they came up here on Christmas Eve. Just put it down to the parcel had a bit of a trip to get delivered.

They went back home at New Years. Checked the tracking and it said it had been delivered in person to the recipient, only it hadn’t.

They asked the neighbours etc, no luck, were about to kick off when they discovered it in the recycle bin! Rolling Eyes

You’d think if anything the Chinese or anywhere inbetween would screw up, not the Post Office! We truly have a third world postal and courier service.

Post #23574852nd Jan 2024 6:56 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

we had a Royal Mail card through the door the Wednesday before Christmas saying parcel didn't fit through letterbox so would be re-tried on the Friday. Friday has been and gone and no sign. Will try and ring the sorting office tomorrow and see if

1. there was ever a parcel for us *
2. where the heck it is/went.

* we're no. 4, so 2 houses from end of street, not just RM but many of the drivers can't count beyond 2, so we get stuff for 2/6/8/10/12 on a frequent basis.

Post #23574962nd Jan 2024 7:54 pm
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Never had much trouble with the PO but this Christmas a card left. Could not deliver an item , give us £5 and we will deliver! So checked their web site . £5 charge was for a letter/large letter that had no postage or counterfeit stamps. They will hold it for 18 days then after 21 days return it to the sender (how do you work that one out).?

So whomsoever sent it your getting it back and in the wake of watching last nights episode of the PO scandal on ITV that’s the last the PO will see of my business! Unbelievable.
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #23575423rd Jan 2024 10:42 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >