Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Parking sensors....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Brookert

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Not true. I had at least one broken sensor on the front and the back, and lots of issues with the loom with fault codes to prove it. 2 sensor still clicked at the front and 2 at the back.

It does suggest the module is at fault, but you need to verify there's continuity between the module and the sensors.

Post #214269230th Apr 2020 7:24 pm
Prette

Location: Previously Stoke-ST4 (pre-pandemic), Mostly The Hague (NL) partially Lyngby (DK) certainly somewhere

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks for the feedback, I will check tomorrow what are the readings and post here. I already found a module for 40Euros. so, may as well go there and try the new/old module.

Thanks again.

Post #214269430th Apr 2020 7:28 pm
Prette

Location: Previously Stoke-ST4 (pre-pandemic), Mostly The Hague (NL) partially Lyngby (DK) certainly somewhere

Hi All...

Just did some digging and experimenting today. Idea Twisted Evil Mr. Green

Measured the brown and black wires from rear and front loom. Rear gave some 1000 MOhm and front loom was short circuited... good thing is, when I clear the faults and restart only with rear loom, I get a warning "front PDC off" but no fault and all rear sensors click OK. However, no beeps from rear either. The Stream data shows all sensors ok but "Rear Parking Aid Disable". Exclamation

I reconnected everything and the same faults reappeared (power circuit front and rear).

Tomorrow should be a sunny day here, so I will need to take the front bumper off and check the loom and sensors. Big Cry Big Cry

Post #21429841st May 2020 8:33 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Well done.

One front sensor could have a short
Unplug each sensor until the short goes.

It won’t work till it’s got 8 good sensors connected

Post #21429861st May 2020 8:44 pm
Prette

Final update on this matter.

Took the bumper off today. Very easy Crying or Very sad and straight forward. Only problem is that no one has ever touched some screws since 2007. Result... rust... loads of rust.... final result.
- One screw I destroyed the head (bottom of left fender.) and left there when removed the bumber (just bending the plastic was enough)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

- One screw (out of 4 big torx) under the car I managed to break. Now I need to figure out how to remove it. Big Cry Big Cry An I also need to buy a replacement. My bumper is now held by 1 less screw. Hope it will be ok like that. Whistle

Back to the problem: the front inner right sensor was the culprit. The problem is that if was a painted one. My solution: I removed the outer sensors (black) put in the center positions, took both inner sensors (one good and one caput) out replaced with the outer sensors AND in both outer positions I used 2 of my spares rear sensor (since there is a huge gap in those places.)
Click image to enlarge

Cleared all the DTC and worked like a charm.

I took the chance and upgrade my lights to LED (i had some spare 12V leds Wink ) and clean the fog lights.
Interior
Click image to enlarge

Position light

Thanks all for the help.

Next project, right wing mirror adjustment not working properly (moves only out and low Rolling Eyes )

Post #21432022nd May 2020 10:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >