DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Parrot CK3100 - which lead?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
WesBoyd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Parrot CK3100 - which lead?

Guys,

Do i need a lead to get it fitted, if so which one?

Any help appreciated.

Wes
 07/57 D3 Black SE Auto
Tinted 3/4 Windows 

Post #49749019th Jul 2009 9:51 pm
RMB

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi WB

I fitted the Parrot 3200, the 3100 fitting is the same.

I posted my installation experience here - http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic15321.h...rot+ck3100

I hope this helps you.

Rab
 B-A-S Remap Interface giving me control over my remap  
Post #49749719th Jul 2009 10:12 pm
MikeS2005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Yes you need a lead to fit the 3100 but there are different leads depending on year and also depending on what stereo setup you have.
I am a parrot certified installer so I hope I know what it is as Ive done a few of these part number SOT 082 or if its amped you will need one of two leads but these will need to come from connects 2 ones £20 odd pounds the other is about £54 pounds and its a major dismantling job of the centre console.
cheers
Mike

Post #49749919th Jul 2009 10:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Not too major a job to dismantle centre dash as have done it many occasion to install Parrott CK3200, and then at later date Piano Black Trim, and then again for CB speaker in air vent.

Got it down to approx 10mins Laughing , the leads needed are depending what stereo you have, as mentioned, but are always listed as Jaguar fittment, just to confuse.

Dash disassembly, and parrot install pics in my gallery Thumbs Up

Jason

Post #49752820th Jul 2009 6:14 am
WesBoyd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I have a 07/57 SE... so i think its the Harmon Kardon stereo?
 07/57 D3 Black SE Auto
Tinted 3/4 Windows 

Post #49760220th Jul 2009 11:35 am
MikeS2005

Hi
As its the harmon kardon one you will need to dismantle the front facia the easy bit as has been said in an earlier post but the centre console is a bit more fiddly watch out for the bloody clips they spring of everywhere you will need the leads from connect2 as once again Autoleads do not do the correct ones these have to be connected to the amp under the drivers seat and you will have to run two ignition feeds and a mute wire the ignition feed can be taken from the rear power socket in the centre console or further up front and the mute wire needs to go right up to the back of the stereo either pin 10 or pin 18 cant remember as I dont have the leads instructions in front of me. You have to connect the mute wire as the connect2 leads do not mute all of the speakers and it needs the mute cable to be connected
It will take you around 3 hours to install your kit.
hope this helps. If you do not connect the ignition feeds the Parrot will not store any of your settings and will not say goodbye when you switch it off
Hope this helps

Post #49774820th Jul 2009 6:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
methley
a.k.a. Big Hairy Ski Monster 

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

No, don't go anywhere near the amp under the seat. You need to connect to the rear of the stereo using telemute lead 06-124B. It connects to the phone input and mute pins (you need to insert pins into the existing plug) See details here

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-124B.html

You will then also need this adapter for the CK3100.

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-223B.html

You may also need the 6pin to 4 pin adapter

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-221B.html

Drop me a PM if you need help. It's really quite straightforward once you know what you're doing! Thumbs Up

Regards,

Andy
 Andy

Fridge Slide for sale https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post2064622.html#2064622 

Post #49779820th Jul 2009 7:57 pm
MikeS2005

Oh well I stand corrected by the person who obviously knows better than me
I have a direct account with autoleads who told me they do not do a lead for this system and I had to use the connects 2 interface and that was on a 2008 disco 3 for a customers car. Autoleads were having problems with their lead and had withdrawn it, but that may have changed by now so I will just remain quiet and not bother trying to help.
Just to let everyone know I do this for a living along with a host of other things for vehicles but as I dont want to upset any of the moderators I wont plug my company on this forum.
cheers
mike

Post #49788920th Jul 2009 10:00 pm
kernowexpeditionaryforce

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

defo dont need to go near the amp although you could depending on make of lead.

in the 12 pin black plug at the back of the headunit, pins 3 and 5 are tele input and pin 10 is the mute connection, take power and ground off the back of the headunit and igg off the cig lighter, i did one last week, and have also been in the auto cellular/multimedia/security industry for over 10 years,

hardest part is finding the pins to fit the plug Rolling Eyes

Post #49831022nd Jul 2009 1:08 am
Merlot

Netherlands 2005 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Hi guys ( experts) ,
as I have a 05 Discovery 3 it wasn't fitted with the bluetooth functionality ( unfortunately) I am not the kind of expert you all seem to be, so please let me know who and where can help me fit a Parrot ( 3100 / 3200) for me? I think I have the Karman hardon stereo too.... ( how can I find out?)

Thanks... and sorry for not being an techy..

Post #50038927th Jul 2009 1:50 pm
gerardcook

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Just got around to Fitting Parrot 3100 to 2005 Discovery 3 HSE with harmon Kardon Pro Logic system

After many calls to supplier i finally and sucessfully installed the phone kit without having to do any additional wiring or drilling of dash

I used a supplier called mobilefun www.mobilefun.co.uk

The wiring harness components required were

EIK-049 EVH-049 (includes intelli-mute box) EAH-015 (these components from elan www.elanmutes.com )

I located the parrot module below l/h central air vent and the intellimute below r/h central air vent

The parrot display was installed using the sunvisor clip, by wedging into the dash binacle on the l/h side

Total cost of wiring approx £25 Although I did have to call mobilefun as all of the items were not listed on their website and had to be ordered direct from their supplier

Hope this helps

Post #67728528th Jul 2010 11:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >