DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Parrot mki9200 in 2005 D3 HSE Logic 7
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
JamesD3

Scotland 
Parrot mki9200 in 2005 D3 HSE Logic 7

Hi,

Ive had my D3 for a couple of weeks and I've been reading this forum for a week or so and can't find a definitive answer so thought it was about time I register and ask for help.

I have a 2005 D3 HSE with the HK Logic 7 system in it and wish to install a parrot mki9200 - is there an off the shelf cable that I can buy that will support hands free and decent sound for the iPod etc?

Or do I need to buy a Most adaptor? And if so do these work reliably?

Thanks
James

Post #119558630th Nov 2013 10:13 pm
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum. Thumbs Up

Yes, there is an off the shelf cable that you can use to install the Parrot MKi9200 in your D3. The one you need is this one, I think.

Other users have reported success connecting the MKi9200 without the off-the-shelf cable. Try searching on here - there are quite a few posts on the subject.

You do not need a MOST Bus adapter as this handsfree kit doesn't use the MOST Bus; it just uses a standard "mute" cable.

If you haven't already bought the Parrot kit, you might want to consider installing the Land Rover Bluetooth module from the Discovery 4? This integrates nicely with the hi-line head unit in the car.

Out of interest, do you already have the red and green phone buttons on your steering wheel in your HSE? If so, you probably already have Bluetooth in your D3.

Steve
 2021 BMW iX3 Premier Edition in Carbon Black ⚡️🔌
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 Tdi 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey. Excellent vehicle. Gone.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Auto in Carpathian Grey and Ebony Leather. Modern JLR Junk. Gone.
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual in Zermatt Silver with Ebony Cloth (143k) Gone, but now patrolling the Asia section of the West Midlands Safari Park! 

Post #11958381st Dec 2013 4:35 pm
MikeS2005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Adapter

Hi
To install the 9200 you need a Kram lead this has all the parts needed for the install and it's not a 5 minute job for the logic 7 system, you must connect all mute wires or the system won't work properly.
The parrot kit will also use it's own internal amp and not the cars one if you try to play music through it.
This means it will disconnect the oe amp and sub, the only way to get it to use the oe amp I'm afraid is to hard wire it.
If I can be of any further help pm me and I will give you my number
Cheers

Post #11960671st Dec 2013 9:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JamesD3

Scotland 
Thanks

Guys Thanks for the replies
 2005 D3 HSE
1988 D90 challenge truck 

Post #11961371st Dec 2013 11:17 pm
JamesD3

Scotland 

Mike you have PM.
 2005 D3 HSE
1988 D90 challenge truck 

Post #11961401st Dec 2013 11:20 pm
JamesD3

Scotland 

Bought the cable Woolmeister recommended and the install was almost plug and play, only thing i needed to do was source an ignition initiated power source for the parrot.

Install took less than 30 mins in total and the kit works brilliantly.

Thanks!
 2005 D3 HSE
1988 D90 challenge truck 

Post #11997999th Dec 2013 1:30 pm
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

Good to hear, James. Thumbs Up

If you piggyback off the infotainment fuse, you should find that the Parrot kit powers up when you unlock the car rather than when you turn to ignition position II (if that's what you want). Thumbs Up

Steve
 2021 BMW iX3 Premier Edition in Carbon Black ⚡️🔌
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 Tdi 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey. Excellent vehicle. Gone.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Auto in Carpathian Grey and Ebony Leather. Modern JLR Junk. Gone.
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual in Zermatt Silver with Ebony Cloth (143k) Gone, but now patrolling the Asia section of the West Midlands Safari Park! 

Last edited by Woolmeister on 15th Dec 2013 8:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #11998009th Dec 2013 1:34 pm
Onejk

United Kingdom 

James/Woolmeister

Have you got any pictures of where you installed the microphone/display/controls and iPod connection leads? Also where did you leave the control box and route the microphone cable?

Onejk

Post #120249114th Dec 2013 6:15 pm
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I have my display screen just behind the steering wheel on the left of the dash.

The little control unit stuck down on top of the small cover just behind the EPB switch so I can use it with my left hand.

The microphone up by the rearview mirror with the cable pushed behind the trim all the way round.

The Ipod etc cables I have fitted through the side of the upper glovebox on the inside so you can't see them and can put whatever devise you're using inside the glovebox.

The main box is stuffed down behind the 'H' trim wrapped in a piece of foam.

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #120250214th Dec 2013 6:45 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

There is or was a MKi 9000, which is the 9200 without a screen which I have fitted and has been in trouble free use for about a year. I fitted it without any extra cables, the remote is mounted discreetly on the steering wheel as per Factory controls. The IPhone and charger cables are in the glove box. Only thing visible is the microphones mounted behind the mirror.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post365908.html#365908.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #120268614th Dec 2013 11:39 pm
Onejk

United Kingdom 

Cheers for the info!

Post #120294315th Dec 2013 6:33 pm
Farsco

Isle Of Man 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I just fitted mine today using the kram cable and an extension cable for the mic/screen.

Screen is mounted to the overhead panel with cables run up the A pillar(just one bolt under the airbag badge to take the cover off. Plenty of room under the headlining. Mic is up there too. Once the a pillar trim is out cables can just be dropped down a gap and come out by the fuse panel behind the glovebox then across to the radio area. Dead easy to do.

The kram lead is really good only needing 4 connections. There is a brief manual on the kram website explaining how to connect the 3 "fly wires". Use a piggy back fuse from fuse 58 to power it and that's it.

I am really happy with it. I have uploaded a land rover logo to the screen which looks really good. The most difficult bit is getting all the leads in behind the stereo so I stuffed them and the parrot box down the right hand side behind the h trim panel.

The sound is excellent and when you put the headunit to aux, streamed music comes through all the speakers using the cars amp system. I stuck the controller on the front of the ashtray. Easy to reach from both sides and discrete. Pm me if you need anything further.

Post #120299015th Dec 2013 7:48 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Sound job and is a lot easier than hard wiring like I did, going to fuse 58 is a good idea as the unit should power up when the doors are unlocked not like mine when the engine is switched on, this gives the Parrot more time to pair with the phone , I have an IPhone and it can take 2/3 minutes to pair and read the contacts, in this time the phone cannot be used.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #120300815th Dec 2013 8:12 pm
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I also used a Land Rover logo as the background for my 9200 screen.

It's been in my gallery for a while if anyone wants to use it.

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #120302615th Dec 2013 8:35 pm
DaveJLBI

Ireland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Was trying to decide which D3 / Parrot 9200 thread to respond to!

Anyways, I installed this unit over the weekend into my 2005 HSE using the oft discussed Kram lead nad the piggy back fuse / fly lead to fuse 58. Tough job getting all the cables behind / beside the headunit to get it all back together. Happy enough with the install and the sound quality on the phone is excellent. Installed the controller where the usual LR bluetooth phone controls are which seems to make sense, the screen at present is just beside the main dash, slightly to the left.

But just two items of concern;
Parrot unit stays on all the time, does not switch off when vehicle locked etc, it is as though the ignition switch is not connected. For information, I connected the fused fly lead from Fuse 58 to the blue lead on the Kram cable.

Other issue is that the streamed music from the unit coming into the head unit is at the amplified level and as such the volume control for the Parrot unit is right down at lowest levels - I though that by using the Kram lead that this was overcome and that it was a line in level.

Can someone advise if I have done something wrong on both counts above. Many thanks ins advance.

DaveJ

Post #13053731st Jul 2014 12:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >