Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Plus a drain off the bottom of the dryer

Post #224389928th Jul 2021 2:37 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

To be honest Gary I think you need to be used to modern coatings as they are more temperamental than old cellulose. Also, I'd echo what beerbelly said!

In any case, by the time you buy paint, driers, laquer, thinners, and all the other conflab you'd be better served to let a pro do it and get the perfect finish first time. I'm not saying you can't do it, just that there is much to consider not least of which the nasty stuff you won't want to be inhaling.

Small job for a pro who will be already set up for it. You can mitigate the cost by prepping the surfaces prior to getting the paint applied. Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #224390328th Jul 2021 2:50 pm
gstuart

Funny enough , it’s still ringing in my ears with regards to how harmful the paints can be and indeed at least there be spot on, paint would be a good £100

Plus with the new wings being steel I’ll get some anti vibration pads and also thinking about maybe a Dinitrol coating inside to protect them from stone chips etc

Havent found a local paint shop yet , new wings should be here next week and will make sure they fit first, hopefully they won’t need to much adjustment

Alas don’t know how hard they will be to remove , might be a Dremel job Laughing , will get new fixings anyway

Thks again as indeed sound advice

Post #224391628th Jul 2021 4:16 pm
gstuart

So some of the cheapest quotes are coming in around £500:, yikes I am out of touch ref costs these days

Am wondering how different a second hand D4 wing is to a D3 , just thinking of options I’ve got

Waiting for a few more quotes but just think £500 is high but that’s from a layman’s opinion

Plus looking at the wings it just looks like bolts at the top, down the door jam and maybe one behind the headlight , rain stopped play so will have a better look in the week

Oh and my passenger window is now playing silly Censored , will go down but not up from the drivers control, but will go up and down by the passenger window switch, so I assume it’s the wire that runs from the drivers controls , maybe it’s all the rain I got in the passenger side ??

This is what I had looked at earlier , primer base and lacquer £25.00 per 3 x cans

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164503951732

Or £20 per litre

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392381235947

Post #224397428th Jul 2021 8:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >