Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

PDC button missing on '08 model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BrewMonkey

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3
PDC button missing on '08 model

My search-fu is weak and I can't find reference to this anywhere, so apologies if it's been covered already.

I just got an '08MY V8 SE (USA spec) and there is a conspicuous blanking plate where the PDC button used to be on my '07 model. The dealer confirms that this is standard for all '08-on models with just rear PDC.

I only had rear PDC on my '07, but I still had a 'P' button on the dash and I could use this to cancel the rear PDC. Evil or Very Mad

I regularly use a towbar-mounted bike rack and obviously this sets the PDC off when reversing and gets old quick.

My questions therefore are:

- how can I cancel the PDC without the button (other than putting the park brake on, which the manual suggests Rolling Eyes )
- given that there probably isn't a way to cancel the PDC without the button, do you reckon that the wiring will still be there so I can rig something up? My guess is that it's still part of the loom but they just didn't put the button in.

Cheers. Thumbs Up
 '08 LR3 V8 SE in Stornoway Gray, Alpaca interior. Xenons, Cold Weather Pack, Bluetooth & Sirius. General Grabber AT2s. EBC Sport Rotors & Green Stuff Pads, Traxide SC80 kit half fitted...
'11 Mini Cooper S Countryman, True Blue. 

Post #42281216th Feb 2009 1:16 am
MARKW

United Kingdom 

I had this same proble. But mine was only a lowly XS. Dealer said that the buton was only there when front PDC was present. So off to e-bay and 5 quid later I had the dash panel it sits in but it was silver. You can gently unclip the silver panel and put on your nice dark 1 if that's what you have.
I still only have rear PDC but when I engage reversethe switch lights up and PDC works. If I press it the light goes out and the PDC no longer works.
A very easy upgrade Thumbs Up
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #42285516th Feb 2009 8:40 am
BrewMonkey

Cheers for the info Thumbs Up I was hoping it would just be a case of swapping a panel or something. eBay it is...
 '08 LR3 V8 SE in Stornoway Gray, Alpaca interior. Xenons, Cold Weather Pack, Bluetooth & Sirius. General Grabber AT2s. EBC Sport Rotors & Green Stuff Pads, Traxide SC80 kit half fitted...

Post #42296916th Feb 2009 2:25 pm
BrewMonkey

Getting somewhere with this.

Big thanks to B16 KJR for the offer of the main part Thumbs Up Bow down I just want to make sure it's the right one.

We've established that mine's the round version and not the square one. There seem to be a few part numbers though.

This is mine:

The part being offered is YUL500400WUX. I found a parts list here: http://www.classiclandrovers.no/?page=shop...=5880&

I took the H-panel off today (frightening how hard you have to pull it, but I got away with only one clip broken!) and the part number on mine is YUL501330. This isn't on any parts list I can find (the '501' bit in particular), but the '330' bit matches a standard '5-way' assembly with no parking aid and yours is a '400'. There is a '440' and this may be correct also (the repeated number could be significant, or not). Then again, the differences in part numbers could even be the 'graphic vs words' for the airbag warning indicator. Mine spells it out in English, whereas the one on offer has a graphic instead.

PM'd Nick (aka TLO) to see if he can shed some light.

Might just take a gamble... Question

Post #42441918th Feb 2009 8:34 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

I found the dash module on e bay. Purchased it before I realised it was the wrong shade of grey. So just prised the front cover off the module and put the new cover on. If it's the same shape and colour just go for it. Thumbs Up .

Scary pulling the H panel off the first time isn't it Shocked Shocked
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #42443218th Feb 2009 8:50 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Brewmonkey, someones stuck your speedo and brake pedal on the wrong side mate Laughing

Post #42446018th Feb 2009 9:25 pm
BrewMonkey

You know, it took me months and months to stop habitually going to the wrong side of the car to get in Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Post #42450118th Feb 2009 10:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >