Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Reset FBH
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
al cope

England 

thx TFC.

Latest, reset at dealers not worked! Pump not running at all on mine. Dealer is now onto LR (via e-mail, as they cant "talk" to LR - what Censored !). Stealer asked if I had used dirty fuel - Yeh, 'course I have says me - ARRGGGG

No FBH in stock (thats if LR say change it), will have to order one.

Awaiting call back - again
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #23369413th Dec 2007 4:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

They should at least be able to get hold of the regional tech - oh, hang on, 1600 on a Thursday... Thud
Have they run diagnostics on the ATCU?

Post #23369613th Dec 2007 5:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Reset FBH

Well, at least they're keeping you well updated by phone rather than giving you the bad news when you go to collect the motor! Wonder how long it takes to get a replacement FBH?

Post #23369713th Dec 2007 5:02 pm
al cope

England 

latest call, new FBH ordered, overnight delivery, fitted tommorrow sir.

OK, keep the car locked in the workshop, and call me when its ready.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #23370813th Dec 2007 5:27 pm
philhunt

Reset FBH

That's a result Al.

Let us know if it works when it's fitted!

Post #23371113th Dec 2007 5:33 pm
al cope

England 

Well, speak as we find, Stratstone Stourbridge, having never seen my car before, apart from the minor "indescression" of sugesting I pay for a FBH reset (see earlier post), came up trumps. New FBH ordered yesterday, fitted and working today, all under warrenty, car valeted as well.

Nice one chaps, warm tootsies once more.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #23409214th Dec 2007 4:21 pm
philhunt

Reset FBH

al cope wrote:
Well, speak as we find, Stratstone Stourbridge, having never seen my car before, apart from the minor "indescression" of sugesting I pay for a FBH reset (see earlier post), came up trumps. New FBH ordered yesterday, fitted and working today, all under warrenty, car valeted as well.

Nice one chaps, warm tootsies once more.

Al

Great news Al - thanks for letting us know - Stratstone Stourbridge Bow down

Let's hope Lookers of Chelmsford come up trumps for me on 27th/28th. Think I should give them a copy of 10's technical advice above to be on the safe side

Post #23409514th Dec 2007 4:29 pm
THUB

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

For the last three mornings my FBH has failed to kick in when starting up the D3. Left running for 10/15 minutes it still does not kick in. However when SWMBO goes to the shops (mile and half) it is running when she comes back. I thought these FBHs fired up almost instanteously, but not mine. Is this the norm?

Post #23583319th Dec 2007 8:43 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Mine always kicks in within a minute or so of starting engine (when cold enough) Thub. I thought this was the norm.

Post #23594619th Dec 2007 11:50 pm
10forcash

the FFBH (or front seat heaters) won't fire up if the ATCU is set to 'off', regardless of the LED indications Wink

Post #23595019th Dec 2007 11:55 pm
Hutchy

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3
FBH noise

I think my FBH is working OK as the engine warms up fairly quickly but is it normal for the FBH to be noisy after the car has stopped after a long enough run to warm the engine to operating temperature, it is just that I have not noticed it before and its just been in for its second (expensive) service Question

Post #23610420th Dec 2007 11:54 am
heapster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Apologies for the idiocy of the question, but is the smell of the FBH a kind of sweet burning smell? I had a mild panic the other day when on starting it smelled a bit like antifreeze or screenwash was in contact with hot metal.

Cheers

Post #23614020th Dec 2007 1:03 pm
philhunt

Re: FBH reset

philhunt wrote:
Took the motor to the main stealer today as arranged and it was in the workshop for about an hour. When it was brought out, the Workshop manager told me that the ambient temperature sensor was sending the wrong temperature reading to the ecu which was the cause of the FBH not firing up as it should (or something along those lines).

I was asked to book it in for a day or preferably 2 days for them to take a proper look at it. Can't see what would take up to 2 days for them 2 sort so will see if there's anything else I can add to the list. Does what I was told make sense or was it b Censored s for "don't know exactly what's causing the problem"? The ambient temperature sensor certainly seems to be sending the correct temperature to the dash display.

The main stealer collected my motor at 11.00am yesterday (about 3 hours later than agreed) and I got a call from the Service Desk at 4.30 this evening to say that they were still trying to diagnose the problem. They asked if they could return the car to me tonight for me to book it in at a later date or if they could keep it for a bit longer - all this after them having had a look at it for a couple of hours the other Saturday whilst I waited. I had even given them a copy of 10's FBH operation and diagnostics quotes that he posted above! The guy on the Service Desk hadn't a clue what the workshop had been doing so I asked him to find out and call me back which he did. I was told that one sensor was reading an ambient temperature of 9C and the other 16C and that a software update was being applied to try and resolve that issue before they went any further. I'm glad this is warranty work and that I'm not paying this shower by the hour - and no, they hadn't even made a start on the other warranty issues on my list

Post #23812229th Dec 2007 12:56 am
10forcash

heapster wrote:
Apologies for the idiocy of the question, but is the smell of the FBH a kind of sweet burning smell? I had a mild panic the other day when on starting it smelled a bit like antifreeze or screenwash was in contact with hot metal.

Cheers
It can be... if you've spilt a bit of screenwash on the FFBH exhaust when filling the bottle Whistle  
Post #23818729th Dec 2007 1:10 pm
philhunt

FBH Issue

It's now New Year's Day (just by 20 minutes so Happy New Year to All) and my motor's been with the local stealer since last Thursday morning as posted above. According to them, they're only able to email Land Rover to request further technical advice / the go ahead to replace a part and as of close of business today, Land Rover hadn't responded to the email. They've asked to keep the motor until the end of the week now which means that I'll be going over to France this Thursday night for a long weekend in my D1 (well it will benefit from an 'Italian Tune-Up' on French motorways).

If Land Rover is not contactable for support on normal working days over holiday periods, there's little point in dealers booking in 'warranty work' unless it has previously been approved by Land Rover.

The motor was originally booked in for 1 day / possible 2 days. I was given the option of a loan car for £10 + VAT per day or part thereof to cover administration (is this usual?). I declined the offer at the time as it would take me an hour each way to deliver and then collect the motor from them + organising cover on my Insurance and I had better things to do with my time. They therefore collected my motor and the driver left his small Renault outside my house after I had given him 2 days of Resident's Parking tickets to put in the windscreen.

As the motor wasn't ready for me Friday night, they sent a driver down to me ( 2 hour round trip) to unlock the Renault so I could put more parking tickets in it. Tomorrow (Wednesday 2nd), they're sending 2 drivers down (2 hour return trip) so that 1 of them can take the Renault back. They reoffered a loan car to me today but weren't sure if it would be ok for me to take it to France for the weekend and yes, it would cost me £10 per day + VAT. I was about to start an argument about the relative economics of giving me a free loan car as opposed to having one of their motors sitting outside my house and them sending drivers on 2 hour round trips to sort out parking tickets but by then I'd started to lose the will to live. Banging Head

Post #2389201st Jan 2008 1:23 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >