Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Sat Nav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MARKW

United Kingdom 
Sat Nav

Just got my D3. Lovely drive. Managed an av of 35.6mpg on the way home Very Happy . But I had to drive like Miss Daisey Sad .

We managed to put in our new destination and away we went. Then it kept throwing up little info boxes on themain screen. We managed to get it to go away but the next junc of the motorway it came back. Can I stop them, they are sooo annoying.

And can I have the sat nav just running showing a scrolling map without having to have a destination? Can't seem to work it out.

Do all bluetooth phones work with the car as well. I can't get my phone Nokia N95 (8gb) to see the car Sad .

Any ideas? Sorry to be so quick with all the questions. just have so many toys to play with and can't work some of them properly.
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #33835331st Aug 2008 1:32 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The motorway display does show a separate window when you approach your exit. You can press the display button to select different modes of operation, including just a scrolling map.

I think you need to sit down for a hour and read the manual thoroughly. Thumbs Up

My HSE is pre blue-tooth, so can't help you there Big Cry

Post #33844531st Aug 2008 7:19 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Had a quick bloke look at the manual Shocked . Not exactly small is it. The window on the m/way side of things was popping up at every junction, even the ones that I didn't need.

I don't think that my phone is covered. The sales bloke said the phone was to new, not sure about that. Don't LR future proof their cars??

Gareth, thanks for the help Wink
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #33846431st Aug 2008 7:54 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Only used the RR screen on sat nav (til tomorrow Very Happy ) have to say that after the first few days of it being different, I actually got to like the distance to instruction part of the screen. Way too easy to hit the right turn when city streets are very close together, I'm sure I did manage to get it to go away on the first RR I had, but kept it on the second one for the full 7 weeks.

Enjoy
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #3385411st Sep 2008 12:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >