Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

allie - My D3 TDV6 Base 7 seater
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
allie

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
allie - My D3 TDV6 Base 7 seater

It is now 3 weeks and 3days after taking delivery of my D3, I decided to wash it with TLC, only to realise when standing with hose and bucket in hand, I would need a ladder for the roof and 2 people for the windscreen.
I have now been to the local hand wash guys who took about 12 mins and have done a good job for 6quid. Is any one else facing the same challenge to clean their car?

I have received my Off Road Invitation today, looks like October is the next available date in my neck of the woods. Hope to get the off roading bug and join some of you guys on events.
 Allie

A11 EEY 

Post #1722014th Sep 2005 4:23 pm
BN

England 
Re: Cleaning my D3

allie wrote:
It is now 3 weeks and 3days after taking delivery of my D3, I decided to wash it with TLC, only to realise when standing with hose and bucket in hand, I would need a ladder for the roof and 2 people for the windscreen.
I have now been to the local hand wash guys who took about 12 mins and have done a good job for 6quid. Is any one else facing the same challenge to clean their car?

I have received my Off Road Invitation today, looks like October is the next available date in my neck of the woods. Hope to get the off roading bug and join some of you guys on events.

Oh allie Gareth is virtically challenged and the roof is a ladder job for him. But having said that unless you are about 9' tall no chance without a ladder. £6 is very cheap for a clean up job. I use the motorhome extended brush and steps with my lovely Flash, takes about 20 minutes.

Hey, I need another 1 for the Welch off road session in October are your game for it. Very Happy

Post #1722114th Sep 2005 4:33 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

allie wrote:

Allie, get Hubby to do it, whats what we are for! Wink
I tend to stand on the back wheel to do the roof & open the front doors to stand on door sill to do top of window!
Nick
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #1722414th Sep 2005 4:39 pm
allie

BN wrote:
allie wrote:

Oh allie Gareth is virtically challenged and the roof is a ladder job for him. But having said that unless you are about 9' tall no chance without a ladder. £6 is very cheap for a clean up job. I use the motorhome extended brush and steps with my lovely Flash, takes about 20 minutes.

Hey, I need another 1 for the Welch off road session in October are your game for it. Very Happy

Thanks for that, I might invest in an extyended brush and decent steps Laughing . I will let you know about October, I want to arrange my day at Bala to get some off road confidence first. What is the October date?
 Allie

A11 EEY 

Post #1722514th Sep 2005 4:39 pm
allie

Nickhearne wrote:
allie wrote:

Allie, get Hubby to do it, whats what we are for! Wink
I tend to stand on the back wheel to do the roof & open the front doors to stand on door sill to do top of window!

Sounds like a good keep fit session to me 8)

Nick
 Allie

A11 EEY 

Post #1722714th Sep 2005 4:41 pm
BN

England 

allie, take a look at this post. Don't worry about experience if Dom can do it you certainly can Wink

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1055

Post #1722914th Sep 2005 4:48 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

BN wrote:
allie, take a look at this post. Don't worry about experience if Dom can do it you certainly can Wink

Oi! watch you old duffer!
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #1723514th Sep 2005 5:00 pm
allie

BN wrote:

Thanks BN,
The event is at the end of the half term week, I will be in France.
I will keep checking the site for further events and feedback from recent ones. I am also going to treat myself to a mountain drive Series 3 with the Bala centre.
 Allie

A11 EEY 

Post #1723714th Sep 2005 5:07 pm
BN

England 

allie wrote:
BN wrote:

Thanks BN,
The event is at the end of the half term week, I will be in France.
I will keep checking the site for further events and feedback from recent ones. I am also going to treat myself to a mountain drive Series 3 with the Bala centre.

Yes, but you won't have the brilliant company of these guys or the low low cost and of course the best professional experts around. Oh nearly forgot, no doubt old TFC will be there.

Post #1724114th Sep 2005 5:27 pm
Pelyma

England 

I'm probably shorter than Gareth, 5'4", but I'm taller on the inside. I need to move the ladder 6 times to wash mine!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1724514th Sep 2005 6:06 pm
allie

Pelyma wrote:
I'm probably shorter than Gareth, 5'4", but I'm taller on the inside. I need to move the ladder 6 times to wash mine!

So how often do you wash it then? Wink
 Allie

A11 EEY 

Post #1724614th Sep 2005 6:11 pm
Pelyma

England 

Every day - if it needs it or not Rolling Eyes And the car usually every week or 2, but I have been a bit lax latley, must get it spick and span for Sunday's jaunt. My wife thinks I'm mad Rolling Eyes
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1725614th Sep 2005 7:40 pm
allie

Pelyma wrote:
Every day - if it needs it or not Rolling Eyes And the car usually every week or 2, but I have been a bit lax latley, must get it spick and span for Sunday's jaunt. My wife thinks I'm mad Rolling Eyes

Sounds familiar Smile
 Allie

A11 EEY 

Post #1725914th Sep 2005 7:52 pm
BN

England 

Pelyma wrote:

Naughty Pelyma Wink web god may be watching Very Happy

Post #1726214th Sep 2005 7:56 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

BN wrote:
Oh allie Gareth is virtically challenged and the roof is a ladder job for him.

I would just like to point out that the best things come in small packages, but Brian is correct, a good set of step ladders is essential unless you are a giant.

I also have a Karcher pressure washer which is ideal for cleaning the mud off, and getting the wheel arches clean.

Use Autoglym bumper protect to keep the black plastic black. Do it soon before it fades.

Post #1726614th Sep 2005 8:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >