Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > FS: Other Vehicles

[Sold] Defender 90 TD5 County Station Wagon, 2002...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
[Sold] Defender 90 TD5 County Station Wagon, 2002...

Click image to enlarge

I have reluctantly decided to sell my 2002 registered 2003 model Land Rover Defender 90 TD5 County Station Wagon. The car is Oslo Blue, which looks fantastic, and has covered 85000 miles from new, It has a service history, dealer, independent and latterly I have fully serviced it myself. Last service included everything. All oils and filters purchased from Advanced Factors and Opie oils. The MOT was done in March, no advisories. All previous paperwork and original handbook and service book available. 2 original keys and alarm fobs. Door locks recently replaced.

It is a fully specified genuine County Station Wagon. It has working air conditioning, heated screen, heated front seats, CD player, tow bar with 13 pin electrics.

The car has been with me for over 8 years, in that time I have put 35000 miles on it. It has only ever done gentle green lanes in my ownership. The overall condition of the car would suggest it has never been used to its full capabilities. I have spared no expense on the maintenance of this car. It has been a very reliable car over my ownership.

In its time with me, it’s been re-trimmed with genuine pattern seat cover and new foams from Exmoor Trim. It had new shock absorbers 2 years ago. The fuel pressure regulator was replaced 4 years ago. The serpentine belt and it’s tensioner were changed recently, and the rear discs pads and calipers were done at the last service. The front discs pads and calipers were changed previously. It has 5 good tyres. 265/16 General Grabber. The windscreen wiper boxes and door locks were replaced in last 6 months (big job!)

I have upgraded the dashboard binnacle with a black metal version, looks exactly the same as the original plastic, just doesn’t fall apart! It has an aftermarket leather trimmed steering wheel from Exmoor trim (I also have the original) I have fitted a ‘Landreizieger’ variable rheostat for the heater fan, much improved over the original nothing or hairdryer offering! The car is fitted with a pair of Lightforce 240 HID spot lamps, which are simply incredible! They have a beam range of a kilometre.

I have decided to sell the car without tarting It up, as I believe a potential owner may prefer to attend to the few issues in their own way. Mechanically, there is very little to do. There is a clunk in the rear axle on taking up drive. Most likely a prop shaft UJ, as one was replaced on the front last year. There is a small chip on the passenger side of windscreen, outside of the MOT check area.

The car needs some cosmetic work. The rear cross member is rusty and need a good sanding down and spraying. It’s still solid. There is a small dent in the front wing where a roof tile fell on it. The lacquer is peeling on the other front wing. There is some paint missing on one of the vent flaps, and there is minor paint peel around the windscreen. The doors are ok, but the bottoms have signs of rust. It’s not visible on the skin, it’s the frame. There are numerous small chips and imperfections as you expect on a 18 year old vehicle.

I think this is a really good Defender, probably the most desirable and definitely the best engine! 5 cylinder diesel, pulls really well and sounds fantastic. It’s fully loaded and un-molested, which is a rarity these days. With a bit of time and not much money this would make a truly magnificent Defender.

A reluctant sale, but I have other projects and I need the space. it’s not getting used much. The car can be viewed in south Stockport SK7 area.

First to see will buy at £12950 ovno.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Gareth on 19th Aug 2020 6:34 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #216758014th Aug 2020 8:39 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

That’s a very good price for someone Gareth
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #216759614th Aug 2020 10:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

More photos added.

Post #216765814th Aug 2020 2:48 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Had a couple of PM’s, but this is still for sale.

Post #216795216th Aug 2020 8:03 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Nice to meet you Christian, hope you have as much fun in the Defender as I did.

Good luck and I’ll take you up on that game of golf sometime!

Post #216967524th Aug 2020 1:35 pm
Bev

Scotland 

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Great to meet you also Gareth.... The defender is parked up in its new garage already.

Trust the train journey home is easy and a game of golf at Blairgowrie is easy to arrange Thumbs Up
 Defender 90 CSW MY06
Discovery 3 SE MY05 (Gone but still on the forum )
Defender 90 CSW MY02 ( Gone)
Discovery 3 GS MY08 ( Gone) 

Post #216972724th Aug 2020 5:14 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Train to Manchester was great! Manchester to my village....... well I’m still waiting 😡

Post #216973324th Aug 2020 5:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >