Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Starting Problem TDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
benditmendit

United Kingdom 
Starting Problem TDV6

I have a TDV6 which I am carrying out accident damage work to.

I cant get the damn thing started. Its turning over but not firing.

It sounds like immobiliser fault to me but I also dont know whether the deployment of the airbags may have put it into a safety mode of some kind.

Any help would be good

Post #88956928th Jan 2012 9:48 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi

You need to reset all the air bags and the system, the crash switches have been latched you need to put some form of diagnostics on it to reset and clear the fault codes for all the items that latch in a collision.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #88957328th Jan 2012 10:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
benditmendit

United Kingdom 

Well I have ordered the airbags, crash sensors and srs ecu. Cant think of anything else in the system apart from the seat belt pretensioners which I will be ordering if I cant pick any secondhand ones up.

Post #88957728th Jan 2012 10:21 am
CFB

United Kingdom 

There is usually a fuel cut off switch, certainly on older ones it was an inertia type on the bulkhead but not sure on the D3

Post #88958028th Jan 2012 10:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Simply replacing crash affecting parts wont solve the problem, I think that is what Flack is saying.
You'll need to electronically inform the car it's now good to go and this can only be done via a diagnostic system like Faultmate.
There are a number of members on here who offer that service, you'll have to hope somebody local to you can help. Wink

Good luck with it, will you be posting before and after pics?

Post #88958128th Jan 2012 10:28 am
benditmendit

United Kingdom 

Narpy wrote:
Simply replacing crash affecting parts wont solve the problem, I think that is what Flack is saying.
You'll need to electronically inform the car it's now good to go and this can only be done via a diagnostic system like Faultmate.
There are a number of members on here who offer that service, you'll have to hope somebody local to you can help. Wink

Good luck with it, will you be posting before and after pics?

Dont know how to upload photos

[/img]

Post #88958228th Jan 2012 10:37 am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

The SRS ecu faults will clear when you fit new bags and tentioners with the correct diag tools so you wont need to order this part for the car. As said by Flack if you connect the diag tools you should be able to reset the srs system and get it running.

Pete

Post #88959028th Jan 2012 10:50 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I thought a cycle of the ignition system clears 'crash mode' as this is required by regulation to allow emergency workers to move cars under their own power should this be required at the scene?
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #88959728th Jan 2012 11:10 am
Robbie

Just had a look at the manual:

Quote:
Crash Signal

When the RCM (restraints control module) outputs any of the fire signals, it also outputs a hard wired crash signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM) and changes the high speed CAN (controller area network) bus output message from 'no crash' to 'crash condition'. The high speed CAN (controller area network) bus message is used by the CJB (central junction box) and the FFBH (fuel fired booster heater).

On receipt of the crash signals:

- The ECM (engine control module) disables the fuel pump.

- Operation of the FFBH is disabled.

- The CJB (central junction box) enters the crash mode and: Activates all of the unlock signals of the vehicle locking system, even if the vehicle is already unlocked. After 3 seconds, the CJB (central junction box) activates the unlock signals again, in case a lock button is pressed during the crash, by flailing limbs for example. Ignores all locking and superlocking inputs until the crash mode is cancelled, when it returns the locking system to normal operation. Activates all of the courtesy lamps, except for the approach lamps. The activated courtesy lamps remain on until they are manually switched off at the lamp unit, or the CJB (central junction box) crash mode is cancelled, when they return to normal operation. Activates the hazard warning lamps. The hazard warning lamps remain on until cancelled by turning the ignition switch from position II to position I or 0, or until the crash mode is cancelled.

-- Activates all of the unlock signals of the vehicle locking system, even if the vehicle is already unlocked. After 3 seconds, the CJB (central junction box) activates the unlock signals again, in case a lock button is pressed during the crash, by flailing limbs for example.

-- Ignores all locking and superlocking inputs until the crash mode is cancelled, when it returns the locking system to normal operation.

-- Activates all of the courtesy lamps, except for the approach lamps. The activated courtesy lamps remain on until they are manually switched off at the lamp unit, or the CJB (central junction box) crash mode is cancelled, when they return to normal operation.

-- Activates the hazard warning lamps. The hazard warning lamps remain on until cancelled by turning the ignition switch from position II to position I or 0, or until the crash mode is cancelled.

The crash mode is cancelled by cycling the ignition switch.

It wouldn't be the first time experience is at variance with the manual but it would be a worry if the car was capable of moving under its own power at an accident scene but crash mode could not be cancelled. The regulators are usually pretty keen on this kind of stuff.

Diagnostics for:

Post #88959928th Jan 2012 11:22 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Didn't other peeps with crash fix cars have similar problems? TDV6Matt rings a bell. No idea what they did to fix it though, waaaaaaaaaay beyond my pay grade.

Post #88960428th Jan 2012 11:33 am
benditmendit

United Kingdom 

Just pulled a load of codes including B1A55.

Could this be whats stopping it from starting??

Post #89048030th Jan 2012 1:13 am
Robbie

B1A55 = Crash record output circuit

Diagnostics for:

Post #89080630th Jan 2012 8:55 pm
parrafin23

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

An old post this is, but to answer benditmendit, the code you pulled B1A55 is not the reason why the vehicle will not start. I have that fault code on my vehicle and i can drive it with no issues.

The code tells you that the crash record output circuit is short to ground or open. In my case this is an int fault, but as soon as i clear the code it comes back and the srs fault is illuminated in the ipac. I have installed a new module but that didnt make any difference. i have followed the wire to as splice where one goes to the A pilar and ends up in a connector there But no wire are commin from the other side of the connector. the other wire from the splice goes up behind the cjb and to the ems. I removed the pin from the connector on the srs module and ohmed the pin here to the connector in the A pilar. no short to ground. and not open. So there must be an issue between the ems and the wiring somewhere. but i cant find the correct connector and the wire on the ems.

P.

Post #11543618th Sep 2013 10:47 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >