Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Suspension Fault on dash and adaptive head light fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SWR

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Suspension Fault on dash and adaptive head light fault

I have had this intermittent fault a couple of times over the last week.

Car has been parked on flat and level ground tonight i had a slight turn on the wheels cant remember on the previous occasions.

Key turned to ignition II. Suspension fault flashes up with amber warning light, then Adaptive head light warning light flashes in the speedo. Car starts and both warnings happen again and stay on. I have then wiped the windscreen with a single wipe, as the wipers start to move, both warning lights go out and disappear.

Reading other posts, I presume it is possibly a steering angle sensor or suspension sensor.
I have had the following fault codes.

Headlight
U0400-68 (28)
U0001-87 (2E)

Suspension

C1A74-1C (28) rear left height sensor General electrical failure. circuit voltage out of range.
C1A05-1C (28) rear left height sensor General electrical failure. circuit voltage out of range.

amongst other Lost communication faults across all ECU.

Where would people start?

Thanks

Si
 D3 HSE TDV6 Auto. Bonatti Grey.

Mods:
V8 Brake upgrade (front Only), Full height Luggage guard, Rubber mats all round, RLD spare wheel protector, Terra Firma Steering and Transmission guard, Smoooooth Nappa steering wheel, Clock on dash and Reverse home lights. National Luna split charge system, front and rear light guards, Danhag GSM (on loan), JE stage 1 remap... Zero money

Post #150891229th Jul 2015 11:14 pm
parrafin23

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Start by lookin at the rear left sensor wiring.. 3 pin connector, then move on to the big connectors on the rear cross member. It might be there you find an issue. Lift the rear of the car up. remove the spare wheel, to atleast lower it to the ground.

But to be honest.. you need to check for live values..
Check what the EAS module is sending out and what the return voltage from the height sensor is.

If you can get a frined to look at the live values while you wiggle the connectors and wiring then he can tell you if you are on the right spot when the values starts to make sense..

Mr.P

Post #150897730th Jul 2015 7:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SWR

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks Mr P.

I will check that out. I just thought it was a little strange as , they both went off when I used the front wiper. Presume there must be a short somewhere. I will get the live values up and check the connectors.

Will all have to wait a while as swmbo is going in to hospital and sprig number 2 is coming out. Very Happy Very Happy I will have to deploy sympathetic mode... I don't do that very well. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter usually response is to man up and grow a pair, I believe if I use that today I will probably loose my pair. Laughing
 D3 HSE TDV6 Auto. Bonatti Grey.

Mods:
V8 Brake upgrade (front Only), Full height Luggage guard, Rubber mats all round, RLD spare wheel protector, Terra Firma Steering and Transmission guard, Smoooooth Nappa steering wheel, Clock on dash and Reverse home lights. National Luna split charge system, front and rear light guards, Danhag GSM (on loan), JE stage 1 remap... Zero money

Post #150898630th Jul 2015 8:28 am
parrafin23

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Number 2 eh.. Cool man.. Expanding the family to make the most out of the D3 then.. is that your plan? :rolllaugh:

Wel.. Last time i have checked, No one has been left alone in there. So it will come out nice and easy.
Just hold here hand and be a gent.

Mr.P

Post #150899830th Jul 2015 8:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >