DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Suspension Fault: Front Left "deflation"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
insertdisc4

Switzerland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4
Suspension Fault: Front Left "deflation"

Hi all,

I get the impression this might be a common one but I got the suspension fault alert on my dashboard recently, I am in the process of trying to get an iid tool since I understand this could be any number of air (or physical) suspension faults.

However... in the meantime, I did notice that my front left side suspension (drivers side in my case as this is a EU car) was depressed (roughly 5cm between the wheel arch and tire, whereas the other three were much greater 7cm+). My instinct tells me this is an air suspension issue, i'm relatively handy but don't want to start dismantling the machine just yet if there are some simple checks to be made.

If any one has advice on pre-inspection checks that I can make to help identify the issue I would be grateful. I've only owned the car three months so don't want to do a strip down if there's a common item to be checked that I'm unaware of (so far, from my research, it seems the air suspension fault on the dashboard could be any number of things, i might be "lucky" in the sense that only one corner is depressed, hence my question)

Appreciate the time taken to read, and if so, reply!

Thanks all!

Post #235110922nd Oct 2023 10:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >