Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Switched 12V supply?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mason1337

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Switched 12V supply?

Installing a new amp and sub soon and was wondering if anyone knew of a good 12v source for the remote lead that turns on when the car is on or if there is one that i could use on the LOGIC7 amp. Also wondering if anyone knew of a good wiring route from the battery side through the firewall. I know of some on the drivers side, but it would make my setup MUCH cleaner and easier if i found one on the passenger side.

Post #29899915th May 2008 3:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

The accessory sockets are all switched with the ignition. If you have a socket on the rear of the centre console (for the back seat passengers) you can take a switched feed off here. Depends on where you want to mount your amp/sub. If you want to mount it further back there are switched supplies accessible in the rear left cubby panel (accessory socket and the fuseholder for trailer wiring spring to mind).

Can't help on the firewall though, sorry.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #29907115th May 2008 10:38 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

IIRC, there's the cabling holes for left hand drive vehicles also on the left side of the car, so you should be able to find a grommet in there to bring the cable through. Are you putting in an auxhillary battery also to power it from?
If so, Drivesafe (user on here) does a neat kit to wire up with additionaly wired accessory sockets for about £150 I think.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #29907815th May 2008 10:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >