Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

TFC has worked his magic!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
slots

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
TFC has worked his magic!

1st project on my D3 was to have a remote for the pre-heater which TFC fitted for me and works a treat.

2nd job was a Torq Tune which he came and did on Tuesday. Knowing that the 2008 model goes well and has OK fuel consumption I have toyed with the idea of a tune for ages. However, the rising fuel prices mean that I'd rather pay for the tune and save a couple of quid on fuel duty. I can only say that I wish I'd had it done before. The tune has totally changed the car and until you've had it done you haven't really experience permagrin. The car is quicker of the mark and in turn safer at junctions and roundabouts, it is much quicker for overtakes but what I am amazed by is the way that it just pulls and pulls and is every bit as quick as the Merc ML320 CDi. After 160 miles MPG is about 5 mpg better which is especially surprising as I'm driving it like I stole it.

3rd job was to go for TFC's new line of in car DVD system. 2 replacement headrests which match perfectly and retain the handles. Rosen 7 inch screens, linked or played independantly, powered up as soon as you unlock the car, sound through the car system or the infra-red headphones and games included. All this for a shade under a grand. I have researched all aftermarket fitments and IMHO this is by far the best. I'm really chuffed with it, you also get the bonus of being able to tilt the headrests.

Finally, while he was there, he fixed my front fog lights to save a trip to the dealer!

I have no vested interest in Iain's company other than to say that this guy has forgotten more about Land Rovers than most dealers will ever know and everything he has done to my Disco has more than exceeded my expectations.

Top bloke Thumbs Up

Post #27589520th Mar 2008 11:18 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Slot's.... add yourself to a long list of satisfied customers Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #27589820th Mar 2008 11:27 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Cheers matey! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Post #27590120th Mar 2008 11:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

TFC fitted a remote for my FBH a couple of Saturdays ago - a top class job and an interesting morning's conversation with a man with a passion for all things Land Rover!

Would really like to get TFC to work his Torq Tune magic for me but I now have a dilemma - Torq Tune or TFC's Tunisia jaunt next February! Thumbs Up

Post #27591220th Mar 2008 11:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Phil - I went for it last week.

Everything slots said... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Go and work down the mines or walk the streets Shocked to get the Do$h - NO, I mean dosh - for a TqT... Wink

And Iain knows more about the seamier side of 240v AC than anyone else in town Shocked . Downside = we never got to chatting LandRover
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #27591921st Mar 2008 12:00 am
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Glad to hear that you finally took the Torq Tune plunge Andrew!

I think I actually will have to work down the mines or bastardise myself in other ways to find the cash but I really can't afford to do both (Torq Tune & Tunisia) hence the dilemma! Big Cry

On the other hand, as Iain wouldn't have to travel to and from my home, maybe there would be a small discount if he Torq Tuned my motor in Tunisia!

Post #27593521st Mar 2008 12:31 am
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Hmmm! Dilemma indeed.

Mining or whoring, that is! Wink Wink

Way I see it is that Tunisia will always be there, but you're wasting good TqT driving time! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Keep buying the Euromillions tickets - hope it works out for TT and T!

A
Post #27601721st Mar 2008 2:06 pm
DiscoStu

England 

philhunt wrote:
- a top class job and an interesting morning's conversation with a man with a passion for all things Land Rover!

Just don't get him started on L200's Shocked Laughing

philhunt wrote:
-Would really like to get TFC to work his Torq Tune magic for me but I now have a dilemma - Torq Tune or TFC's Tunisia jaunt next February! Thumbs Up

A tricky choice... Well, no choice really - BOTH!! Wink

Didn't know you did the DVD system, mate. The dealer wants to keep my LR one, so might need a new one in the new motor..... Whistle
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #27602521st Mar 2008 2:52 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Good to see another grinning TT driver on the road. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #27604821st Mar 2008 5:01 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Where's the pics of the completed install then slots? Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #27606921st Mar 2008 5:40 pm
slots

Away in the Emerald Isle for a week but will take some then.

My next challenge for TFC should he choose to accept it is digital TV replicated through the rear screens!

Post #27613321st Mar 2008 9:08 pm
AndrewW

DSL wrote:
Good to see another grinning TT driver on the road. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Grinning? Mr. Green I'll have to wear a hejab Shocked or they'll arrest me for knowing something I shouldn't Whistle
Post #27617021st Mar 2008 10:46 pm
slots

For those of you who have been waiting (sorry Bogblaster) I now have one photo in my gallery. As you can see, young Master Slots was demanding my attention in the background so I just took a quick snap today.

Post #28587112th Apr 2008 8:46 pm
Maverick

Scotland 

Now that looks 8) !
 Ben

1996 Defender 90 300 TDi 

Post #28587312th Apr 2008 8:47 pm
stevemac

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

The magician (aka TFC) visited this morning…. Permagrin from ear to ear. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I couldn’t believe how much more response there is at the lower end, smoother and 'pulls like a train in third'; Top Job. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Thanks Iain

..... get practicing - I’ll expect you to manage 2 banjo’s next time, otherwise you’ll never work up to a physique like mine Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 D3 HSE MY09, auto, Santorini Black, Black leather, Black windows ... black IS the colour ...
Golf Mk6 GT TSi, Red - supercharger and turbo - the pocket rocket!
Gone but not forgotten:-
D3 XS MY08, manual, Java Black, black leather
1999 TD5 XS auto Oxford blue
1994 300Tdi auto Niagra grey

Life is a voyage of Discovery ... now where did I put the map and compass! 

Post #30016317th May 2008 9:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >