DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Video screen fitted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
radionightster

2006 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

powella wrote:
Guys,

My car has a similar setup which was in it when I got it. V500, 702, bluetooth and a G431 for navigation(no speed input Crying or Very sad ). I have a HSE with the AMP under the drivers seat, and the V500 and G431 are under the centre rear seat.

So a couple of questions:
1. On mine if the Factory radio/cd is on, and the source on the Kenwood is elsewhere, I still get a boom from the SUB. But I can't hear the center speaker.
So I think they have simply taken the front speaker line out from the amp under the drivers seat and wired them to the high level input on the V500. Does anyone know how theirs was done?

2. Where is your V500 and Nav system?

3. I put in my own bluetooth adapter. I am wondering where your microphone is?

Cheers,
AP

I do not know the answer to #1 or #3. For #2, the box for my nav system was mounted under the dashboard, so it's pretty nice because it's completely hidden from view, which is what I like (I like everything to look as factory original as possible.)

Post #4309241st Mar 2009 3:10 pm
cortezone

2008 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol HSE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

I orginally saw a similar setup on another forum and was impressed. I used that person's suggestions and got myself an L702 touchscreen monitor, a G510 (which has GVN53 printed at the back), a KOS-V1000 car portal and a BT100 bluetooth module. My Disco3 is an HSE bought brand new and I'm still maulling the idea of fitting the stuff what with the warranty. In the end I think I'll just bite the bullet and make the install. I plan to install the G510 in the upper glove compartment for easy access to update the maps. I think my v1000 will go under the rear middle seat. I need to know a couple of things though (Arsi and others who've done this).

1. Can I pick the source of power for my V1000 from the AMP under the driver's seat? What about the power outlet in the cubby box?
2. Haven't searched the forums but any pointers on how to remove the dash?

Great job Arsi!
 08 4.0 V6 Petrol HSE, Atacama Sand, Bright Pack, Kenwood kos-v1000 media hub, kos-702 touch screen, kna-g510 nav hideaway, kca-200 BT, Bi-Xenon Headlamps.  
Post #4332045th Mar 2009 9:54 am
cortezone

After searching the forum it has become clear to me that it's the H panel that needs to be removed and not the dash. Everyone says to give it a hefty yank from the bottom. I think I'll make a decision soon after talking to my landrover service guys on the warranty.

What would you do? Screw the warranty and get yourself a nice navigations system or play along with the warranty stuff? Since these are aftermarket factory integrations systems would it affect the warranty anyway?

Ideas?

Thx.
 08 4.0 V6 Petrol HSE, Atacama Sand, Bright Pack, Kenwood kos-v1000 media hub, kos-702 touch screen, kna-g510 nav hideaway, kca-200 BT, Bi-Xenon Headlamps.  
Post #4332405th Mar 2009 11:40 am
kernowexpeditionaryforce

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

order another screen, then swap the casings around m8

Post #4343087th Mar 2009 2:34 am
cortezone

kernowexpeditionaryforce wrote:
order another screen, then swap the casings around m8

Very funny. I'm taking the plung anyway. I've done the yanking and as those who've tried it say, I lost one clip. Luck aren't I? Losing only one clip. Have started the hacking of the L702 touch screen and will soon start on the dash piece. Don't worry, I'll let you all in on the success or failure of it.
Post #4344467th Mar 2009 3:34 pm
llubnrut

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Have just finnished installing similar system. Only went with the LZ 702w display which means I can only use it for GPS and reversing camera. Haven't received the GPS module yet but the reversing camera is all hooked up and working. Put the camera behind the tow bar panel.

I took the power for the display from my second battery and may at a later stage fit a relay so it switches on and off with accessories.

Had no real issues installing as per previous posts were spot on and detailed.

Off to take some photos Smile

Post #5157055th Sep 2009 7:27 am
BlackPerth2

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Kenwood - Sat nav etc - KNA-G431AU

Guys, I fitted the whole kenwood kit (screen, sat nav, bluetooth etc) and its great.

QUESTION: Can I somehow add OFF ROAD SD Card software (eg Garmin) so I can use this Sat nav off road? How would you access it through the touch screen???
 2006 SE TDV6 with G4 Options ("A" Bar, Driving lights, expedition rack, ladder; fr & r light guards, side steps, G4 logos) door moulds; plus Long Ranger 115L sub-tank; OL rear wheel carrier; OL rear drawer system; Kenwood / Garmin Satellite Nav/bluetooth/iPod/rear camera/DVD); LR roof mounted DVD; GME 3440 UHF; Tyre Dog tyre monitoring system; Optima Yellow second battery and Traxide dual battery management system; Mitchell Bro's tow hitch;  
Post #5166717th Sep 2009 11:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jean-Paul

Greece 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

when you guys fitted this screen was there any more space left and right ? i am looking at a screen which is 180,4 in length. do you think it will fit ?

thx
 J.p  
Post #52237719th Sep 2009 11:09 pm
yampenlan

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Video screens

Can anyone help me i have one of these Kenwood touch screen to fit which will not be a problem or the wiring, my problem comes when fitting the sat nav unit one of the wires that needs connecting is the speed sense wire does anybody know the location and colour of this wire. Many thanks.
 ASHLEY  
Post #57128329th Dec 2009 5:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >