Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Problems with Iphone (ios 7.x) and D4 Bluetooth module in D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Wsh

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Problems with Iphone (ios 7.x) and D4 Bluetooth module in D3

As my MY2006 D3 had a very bad calling Quality with my Iphone 4S with IOS7.x I went about and ordered a D4 module from Adrian.

Installation was relatively quick once I knew where and how.

All seemed fine .. until approx 30-45 seconds into the call suddenly my carradio would start playing again .. then roughly 10 seconds later my bluetooth connection would come back.. A total disaster.

On an Iphone 5 it was a bit better but still very annoying. The Androids did not have this problem.

I have found the solution. Under IOS 7.1 under bluetooth you will see the Landrover profile. Press on the "i" behind it. Choose to not sync contacts. This will solve the problem.

Apparently the Iphone tries to keep on syncing.. and that costs performance..

Post #127747030th Apr 2014 5:28 pm
Gurmot

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hmmm, I've had a similar problem since upgrading to IOS 7.1.1. If the radio is one when I make a call, the connection with the car drops out and the radio drops back in for a second, then the call comes back. If the radio is off, the connection between the phone and car keeps dropping so I cannot speak to or hear the caller approx 3 seconds in every 10.

I will try switching off the contacts sync but it's not good.

Post #128737921st May 2014 3:03 pm
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Wiggs optical D4 module works well on my BlackBerry.

I have heard that the Apple related Bluetooth is difficult to connect to on many vehicles, not just Land Rover products. With the apparent success of Apple products, I presume problems of that nature will be handled by Apple with the concern the matter is perceived to deserve.

The good news to my surprise is that the Wiggs MOST D4 module handles my BlackBerry 9900 unusually well - clear voice both sending and receiving, dials via voice, keypad or phonebook without hesitation and is connected before I even get my 2005 LR3 out of Park plus remains connected until I exit the vehicle.

The new Wiggs D4 MOST install replaced the older style non optical 0000 dealer installed LR after factory kit.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #128837123rd May 2014 2:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >