Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

+

Turned off

=

Very Happy Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #5173248th Sep 2009 1:36 pm
Dazzler

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Excellent info and great photos too !!!! Just had mine changed under warranty so very common problem on the d3 then !!!

Darren

Post #5174538th Sep 2009 6:12 pm
iceman3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
egr replacement

just replaced my offside (drivers side) egr valve, stealer quotd me £340 inc VAT, took me 3 hours, took my time and cleaned the pipe from the valve and the stub pipe to the butterfly, got no knuckles left but saved myself £200 thanks to "the large one", cheers nick. Mr. Green Thumbs Up
 work to live, not live to work! or work to repair the disco! still puts a smile on your face every time you drive it!
Java Black, HSE TDV6, Sidesteps, Privacy glass, Alpaca Cream Leather, Clear side indicator lenses, Smooth soft leather RRS steering wheel! 

Post #5469006th Nov 2009 2:39 pm
Skyeseaways

2015 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Tech Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Now I can see why Land Rover Assistance did a temporary job until I could get to the dealer!!
What a nightmare to work on in the freezing cold weather.
Bring back the Old Morris Minor 1000 to work on!

Post #60652419th Feb 2010 8:49 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

thanks for the guide, a real help, but so far in my preperations to do this (feeling around the EGR) I can only find 2 x 8mm bolts holding the valve onto the side of the block ? Ringing them in the appropriate pic would be a great help. Also I was not to sure what you did with the bar and the EGR assembly to get at the hidden bolt.

Any news on the other side, I looked at that one, how on earth can you get to the unit with the pipe in the way ?

Thnx

Randalls
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #63942021st Apr 2010 9:21 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

randalls wrote:
thanks for the guide, a real help, but so far in my preperations to do this (feeling around the EGR) I can only find 2 x 8mm bolts holding the valve onto the side of the block ? Ringing them in the appropriate pic would be a great help. Also I was not to sure what you did with the bar and the EGR assembly to get at the hidden bolt.

Any news on the other side, I looked at that one, how on earth can you get to the unit with the pipe in the way ?

Thnx

Randalls

Just done a pair yesterday. Will get some more pictures of the other side and the 3 bolt holes for you on my next set Whistle
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #6462408th May 2010 9:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jambo1972

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
EGR Valves stuck open

Just found out today my EGR valves are stuck open Crying or Very sad (readings of 17/18 on the diagnostics) with a quote of £550 to replace the 2. Can i get some help as to the reason/benefits of blanking off the valves as opposed to replacing them, and, does anyone know someone in Lancashire who could do either job for me? Ta Kevin

Post #65104319th May 2010 9:08 pm
steve the magpie

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

thanks for the great info did both EGR valves on my HSE took me almost 4 hrs to do both and yes lost loads of bits down engine bay lol. was a lot better fit with new bolts instead of the torx bits made it easy with quarter drive sockets. great help manny thanks again steve h
 always up to somert usualy no good acording to swmbo  
Post #65106019th May 2010 9:34 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Mikey,
I've got this one to do this weekend and I gotta be honest, I've been cacking myself working out the best way to do it. LR's info make it seem a breeze, but it looks very very tight down that side.

Then I remembered that there had been some pics on here already and hey presto I can now sleep tonight. I find it easier if I can visualise what I've got to do in advance, so thanks for the write up, will let you know how it goes over the weekend! Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up

Cheers

Ian
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #6695557th Jul 2010 11:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up

Need to remember and get pictures of the other side and pre and post 07MY's... Embarassed
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #6698878th Jul 2010 9:25 pm
jambo1972

I am sure there are full detailed pictures an instructions on the bell auto website as well. Thumbs Up
 K7MUN TDV6 S Auto, 2005, Adriatic Blue, Xenons, Harmon Kardon, SE Alloys & AT's. 170k miles. BAS Blanked EGR's, K&N Filter, new air susp compressor. 1st Landie, now full LR convert.  
Post #6699088th Jul 2010 9:46 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Jambo, that's How To Blank the EGR's, not how to CHANGE the EGR's Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #6699108th Jul 2010 9:52 pm
jambo1972

Doh! Sorry, so it is! Embarassed I got mine blanked off just over a month ago, what a difference, the engine purrs nicely now and an extra 2mpg as well in the 2500 miles since then. £100 fitted by Pete at Bell Autos over in York. Well worth the day off to drive over. Thumbs Up
 K7MUN TDV6 S Auto, 2005, Adriatic Blue, Xenons, Harmon Kardon, SE Alloys & AT's. 170k miles. BAS Blanked EGR's, K&N Filter, new air susp compressor. 1st Landie, now full LR convert.  
Post #6699579th Jul 2010 6:35 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Mikey, I've loosened all the bolts and they cracked quite easily, pretty straight forward Bow down Bow down

Now, as for the last T30 bolt, once you've taken the long bolts holding the EGR valve to the engine block, how much movement do you get to be able to get to the T30 bolts that is hidden away? Am I likely to crack anything by levering it out to a place where I can undo it?

Disco_Mikey wrote:
Now place a big lever down between the egr valve and engine block, allowing access to inner bolt
Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #6702639th Jul 2010 10:07 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Well, it can move quite a way! Whistle Whistle

That back bolt is a real bitch to get to!.
I'm Soooo glad I had a decent magnet on a stick as I kept it onthe bolt to line it up on the socket into the hole.

Hopefully it will last another three years and I won't have to do that again Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

New EGR valve in pace, there's no way that you could get a torque wrench on any of those bolts (except teh EGR pipe) and as it was only 10Nm anyway, I just did them up and then a 'bit'.

Put it all back together, started the engine and the Engine Management Light was still on!!!!

Well only for 2 seconds and all has been restored to normal. Haven't taken it down the road yet, but I expect it will behave itself.

Big Thanks to Nick for getting the bits to me quickly and then at the last minute, I'd forgotten to order soem new bolts to a) replace the Torx30 bolts and b) to replace the EGR pipe bolts as I remembered from Amondeggs EGR blanking, that the pipe bolts were pretty much unusable.

Maybe worth adding a note at the top Mikey that when ordering the EGR valve, to get two extra for not just the T30 bolts, but also to replace the pipe bolts? (I don't know what condition the ones you've been dealing with are?)

Anyway, bigup for Disco-Mikey again, top job, car now running as it should do Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #67038710th Jul 2010 3:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >