Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

ULEZ expansion is lawful
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Plus an idea , wouldn’t it be nice to have an air pollution monitor underneath every camera to see if there’s a change as time passes by Whistle

Post #23467672nd Sep 2023 11:55 am
gstuart

DSL wrote:
Without waffle this would be a very boring place. Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up Bow down

Post #23467682nd Sep 2023 11:58 am
gstuart

HWN wrote:
A group of lads round here are off to London on the train this week and will drive back in cars bought from the scrappage scheme. £1,000 a pop for cars that might only be seven years old, and that will sell round here for a tidy profit.

Awesome, Thumbs Up

must confess didn’t realise the cars submitted for the scrappage ulez scheme could be bought , assumed they had to be crushed

But at the end of the day that’s a brilliant idea with them not going to waste

Post #23467692nd Sep 2023 12:04 pm
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I think you'll find the greatest increase in air quality came when the Boris Buses were introduced, thus getting rid of the old routemasters and similar.

Then the mass introduction of cycle lanes which reduced the availability of road for vehicles, merely caused conjestion which ultimately increased pollution.

In cities around the world, but Europe mostly where I have extensive knowledge, trams are used to a great extent, they are powered by electricity, generally do not suffer from traffic jams, are cheap to use and are reliable.

Until joined up thinking with public consultation and support takes place, our cities will continue to be a nightmare as planning needs to be thought out properly, not just trying to add or adapt what we have in place at the moment.

But obvious immediate gains can be made by keeping what traffic has no other option than to be there, moving as opposed to stopping every few minutes, seems to far fetched for the planners to accept.

Then again, civil servants have form for gross incompetency, more interested in making sure they have a job than doing any good.

Dave
 2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
2010 RRS TDV8 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago) 

Last edited by Trailered Movements on 2nd Sep 2023 4:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #23467762nd Sep 2023 12:43 pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

HWN wrote:
A group of lads round here are off to London on the train this week and will drive back in cars bought from the scrappage scheme. £1,000 a pop for cars that might only be seven years old, and that will sell round here for a tidy profit.

I thought that vehicles traded in under the various scrappage schemes had to be actually scrapped or destroyed ?

Post #23467802nd Sep 2023 1:43 pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

gstuart wrote:
robsmith wrote:
A question for Khan, that I doubt he will dare answer,, How much are the replacement cameras and use of camera vans costing per day?

Indeed , maybe someone will do a new FOI request

Did see this the other week , but was from a 2021 FOI request

https://www.london.gov.uk/who-we-are/gover...s-jun-2021

The supply and installation costs for individual cameras vary because the complexity of the
works to enable their installation depends on whether existing power supplies and street
furniture can be used or whether new provision is required. The majority of camera supply and
installation costs are in the range of £10,000 – £15,000 though occasionally where locations are
constrained the individual site cost can be higher.

https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/transparency/

I'm sure that buried somewhere in the regulations/specifications for traffic signal installations it states that traffic signals have to be on their own poles & the only other kit that can share the same poles have to be part of the traffic signal installation.
Which then means that the ULEZ camera's & the effected traffic signals are illegal.
You never see traffic signals sharing a pole with street lights or signage.
Eyes out for a "Mr Loophole" to challenge ULEZ/TfL.

Post #23467812nd Sep 2023 1:51 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Trailered Movements wrote:

In cities around the world, but Europe mostly where I have extensive knowledge, trams are used to a great extent, they are powered by electricity, generally do not suffer from traffic jams, are cheap to use and are reliable.

Sadly, public transport is frowned upon in the UK. A decent public transport system would solve a number of issues - pollution, congestion, noise, etc.

Quote:

Then again, civil servants have form for gross incompetency, more interested in making sure they have a job than doing any good.

Dave

Civil servants merely implement the policies of their political masters. The blame lays with the political class.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #23468323rd Sep 2023 7:31 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Trailered Movements wrote:
I think you'll find the greatest increase in air quality came when the Boris Buses were introduced, thus getting rid of the old routemasters and similar.

Hmmm ...not really, only 1000 were introduced, representing a 10th of the London fleet at a cost of £355k each...twice the price of a normal double-decker. Even then, they were Diesel hybrid...only now are they being converted to electric. Much cheaper electric buses were available, this was a total vanity project by the proven liar.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #23468403rd Sep 2023 8:37 am
jenseneverest

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

A diesel hybrid bus uses just about the same amount of fuel as a normal diesel, give or take 5 litres a day.
Both are euro 6, hybrids simply put, were a waste of time. It is all meant to go full electric by 2030. So i guess TFL will be pushing hard for the pay per mile Censored to fund that. The infrastructure to go full electric is no where near ready, and will cost billions.

As the scrappage scheme is now open to all, and not just the dole dossers, i have applied to scrap my diesel d3, I'm going to strip it of anything i need for the v8 petrol I'm replacing it with. The terms of the scrappage scheme is that i get a certificate of destruction from a car dismantler, in my eyes that means the vehicle should be sold as parts or crushed.... Big Cry

Post #23468523rd Sep 2023 10:55 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

If you strip it if everything not needed to run then it will deffo be parts or crush. Not much call for single seat D3. Thumbs Up

Post #23468543rd Sep 2023 11:00 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

gstuart wrote:
Think I’ve understood this, ulez has been introduced for 80,000 vehicles , so assume he must have a cut off point from the ulez to the pay per mile

Click image to enlarge

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low...iance-data

Therefore, the non compliant 10% are paying (rounded up) £1,000,000 a day in the 'penalty charge'. And the air cleanliness improves by exactly how much by taking all those £12.50's Confused

Post #23468673rd Sep 2023 12:45 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Quote:
Sole traders and self employed will be able to claim tax relief on ULEZ charges when they submit annual tax returns for business related journeys

HMRC has confirmed that workers with non-compliant vehicles will be able to claim if their journey was made ‘exclusively for the purposes of trade’. This does not include travel to work or commuting costs.
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #23469364th Sep 2023 11:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

The increase of London’s Ultra Low Emissions Zone (ULEZ) to cover the whole of the outer London area generated an extra £23.6m in revenue between its launch on August 29 and September 30. That’s according to BBC analysis of the latest data released by Transport for London (TfL).

In the first month of the expanded ULEZ operation, just over 57,000 drivers paid the £12.50 daily charge levied for entering the newly controlled areas in vehicles that were not ULEZ compliant. That broadly means diesel cars built before around 2016 and petrol cars built before around 2006 - although there are exceptions to this.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/361380/...dium=email

Post #235191431st Oct 2023 7:55 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Shocked With that revenue stream, expected other councils to accelerate their plans...... Rolling Eyes
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #235191931st Oct 2023 8:53 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

gstuart wrote:

In the first month of the expanded ULEZ operation, just over 57,000 drivers paid the £12.50 daily charge levied for entering the newly controlled areas in vehicles that were not ULEZ compliant.

...but there are 3.7 million car journeys in London every day ..just cars, not vans or trucks ....perspective is everything Whistle
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #235192031st Oct 2023 8:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >