DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

VUX500...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Danimaci

Hungary 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
VUX500...

Hi to All,

I have soon some problems with the Disco3 SE (Nov 2008), specifically with the stereo, 6CD-465, VUX500560.
"Some" basically means that it doesn't work, after the 1st three days together it got sore maybe, by the way I can't see any reason. Sad
- display weak (dim), hardly visible anything from the driver's seat, only something frontwise, almost the green background light is working only
- no volume controll at all, neither with the main knob neither from the steering wheel
(all the other buttons and functions are working, but all in silence)
- no Bluetooth connection (the external BT unit is installed in the car)

Can someone help me whether any other VUX500... submodel is compatible to VUX500560, if I would like to swap the stereo unit with an original LR3 stereo?

Thanks,
Daniel

Post #221938622nd Mar 2021 1:14 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

So no volume control and. NO Bluetooth are signs of the optical bus not working. (Orange tubes)

Your Bluetooth module maybe faulty or the amp.
People sometimes buy an optical bypass connector to disconnect the Bluetooth (and display and amp) and see if that improves things pointing to the faulty part.

That said, the fact that you have other problems with the head unit may point to that.

See if you have a red light coming out the back of the radio (shortly after power on) where the orange tubes fit

Post #221939222nd Mar 2021 2:01 pm
Danimaci

Thanks for the ideas!
I will surely check this red light at the orange tube fit on a peaceful day! I've found a used one on the internet, so I will try that one as well. And there are some posibilities to repair, maybe this piece is not an electronical waste yet.
(I only can't see when this peaceful day will come.. Smile )

Post #221949422nd Mar 2021 7:36 pm
Danimaci

Hi Pete K and all You here, one of the problems was that the stereo head unit broke down. I found soon a VUX500320, with compatibility garantee, so I tried. The VUX 500320 works well as well. : )

But later I also found a VUX500560, so rather use this one, this is the same like the original in the car. (The VUX500320 I have for the future as far as a subsitute piece.)

But, still no solution for problem No 2. Still no bluetooth connection. : ( The phone does not find any bluetooth device. I checked whether the BT modul it is installed or maybe not. The car is an SE modell. No BT modul is there, behind the rear quarter trim panel. : (

But, I don't give up, because the two thicker orange wires (optical cables?) are arriving at the stereo head unit.. so somewhere there MUST be also an other end of these two cables..

Tomorrow I'm going to check the position under-behind the front centre consol (H trim). Thanks to the chat by 'wiggs' and 'extremeseby' in the topic "Bluetooth location", I still have a chance to find the solution. Maybe I will find this "double modul" there, at the H trim. Let's be optimistic! : )
(And maybe the problem will be the same.)

Post #22345426th Jun 2021 6:38 pm
Danimaci

Hooops, I'm sorry, the fibre optic cable pair looks going to the amplifier.
But where can be than the Bluetooth modul? The Disco model is SE, is it possible that no bluetooth and no phone modul fitted? Sad

Post #22398113rd Jul 2021 6:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >