Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 105 of 282 <123 ... 104105106 ... 280281282>
al cope

England 

^^ have you noticed how much cheaper stuff is when the supplier hasn’t got the item in stock 😉

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #222371710th Apr 2021 3:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

It is a good idea to phone companies these days if items are expensive/required in a hurry to get a physical stock check done. Once stock has been confirmed order and pay for it straight away, so no one beats you to the last item whilst you decide to purchase or not.

Supply lines are shall we say strained due to brexit, covid, Suez Canal etc.

Brendan

Post #222371910th Apr 2021 3:42 pm
SteveKK

Ukraine 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Why fit an access panel behind a shower, but not fit isolation valves?!? Censored

Click image to enlarge

Regards,
Steve

Post #222388411th Apr 2021 9:22 am
Journeyman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Replacing a mini circuit breaker in the tin tent... when the live and neutral cables have been cut so short by the manufacturer that they are too short to get them to fit into the connectors of the new breaker. Two people, a couple of hours and a few pounds in the swear pot.
 Cheers,

Jez

Discovery 3 HSE Stornaway Grey
MY 2008 2.7 TDV6

Discovery 2 2003 - gone 

Post #222392611th Apr 2021 1:48 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Try fitting replacement light fittings in Belway home.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #222396011th Apr 2021 4:33 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

UPS.
Two parcels due on 12th April
Nothing seen or heard.
02:13 four emails to say one would be delivered today, the other on Friday.
Stayed in to await delivery.
17:30 email to say one parcel is delayed and will now be delivered on Friday
17:32 one email to say ignore previous emails as one parcel will be delivered tomorrow and the other on Monday (it's Friday's that is allegedly coming tomorrow)

Both parcels are the same size, value, from the same source and were dispatched at the same time.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #222436813th Apr 2021 4:47 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Rant:

Over the past year, we've got to know an agricultural contractor who has harrowed/reseeded/rolled our fields, erected fences etc. Ex military and decorated, he acquired injuries and PTSD in an ambush in Kosovo that involved a high-profile soldier. He was (apparently) in an abusive relationship and getting very stressed. To get him out of there, we offered him temporary use of our static caravan.

Three visits from the Police (one of which was from the Welsh Extremism and Counter Terror Unit), by which time he was completely busted as a Walter Mitty (though we let him leave and didn't confront him). All recorded against our address. Evil or Very Mad

He didn't gain anything out it and we would have helped him irrespective of him being ex services. It didn't take much to raise our suspicions and my wife and I are lucky enough to have contacts by which to check things.

Reason for the rant? Being fibbed-to... banks and other organisations not checking (or being unable to check) and happily adding 'Major' to statements, credit cards, etc.,...

What a Censored .

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #222498016th Apr 2021 2:59 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Train fare dodgers

on train and ticket inspector comes along. Bloke few seats away said he was just going to the next stop so was charged £1.10 which is the cost for the three stops.

No questions asked by ticket inspector.

The bloke had got on at the end-of-line station where ticket office and ticket machines exist (but you don't have to go through a barrier to get to platforms).

I got on at next station and he, supposedly, was getting off at next station.

He didn't - just stayed on all way into Brum city centre (ticket cost £7.85 for me......), about another six stops where you can, again, exit through barriers that the guards just throw open whether a 100 people or, in this case, three get off.

No ticket without a reason used to have a 'fixed penalty' applied to it? Why just allowed to pay the flat fare with no penalty and then just 'ignored' when checking tickets again further in journey.

Post #222551319th Apr 2021 12:12 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Vodafone !!!! absolute Censored Censored Censored reported to CIFAS for failing to change account details (despite being told by their Chairman's Office it had been done), phone call from them today... "we need to go in and change some details on your account in order to respond to the claim made by you to CIFAS"... you don't say !! they didn't see the irony of them not being able to do anything with the account by not doing anything with the account earlier... if this was funny they'd only understand 4/8 of my wit.. Laughing
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #222591521st Apr 2021 8:32 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Main dealers who "wash" your car when it goes in for a service.

With a microfibre cloth they store in a bucket of mixed aggregates.

Click image to enlarge
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #222593221st Apr 2021 10:02 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

And I bet they refuse to accept responsibility. Evil or Very Mad
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #222593421st Apr 2021 10:10 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

We'll find out soon enough. Awaiting a call back.

Social Media war will be declared if they don't play nicely. You can bet your bottom dollar they would mark this down at trade-in time.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #222593521st Apr 2021 10:18 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Many years ago, I picked up a company car from the main dealer following a service. They'd washed it. There was paint damage that looked like something had sprayed on it dissolving the lacquer. They refused to accept it was them. Must have been something spraying from a passing lorry, etc., (I kid you not).

In the end, I ended up paying to get the panel sprayed just before I handed the car back at the end of the company car lease period.

This was back before social media and I was not nearly so grumpy and argumentative as I am now.

Car was a Peugeot 306DTurbo in a really nice dark blue. I liked that car, handled well, was comfortable on long drives, went well, reasonably frugal on fuel. Good car all round really. Shame about the main dealer. Familiar story to many LR owners, that, eh? Laughing
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #222594121st Apr 2021 11:26 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Still waiting for that call back Whistle

Which allowed me to nip up my mate's bodyshop, where he whistled, sucked and his teeth, and in exchange for me buying the next curry got a mop on all the bits that looked like this. I'll give it some tlc this weekend, get some wax on there as the TFR and sand mix the dealer used has left the paint a bit flat, to put it mildly

I'll be sure to remember the big note saying "don't you bloody dare wash this car" to leave on the dash next time.
Post #222595021st Apr 2021 11:43 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

NoDo$h wrote:
Main dealers who "wash" your car when it goes in for a service.

With a microfibre cloth they store in a bucket of mixed aggregates.

I got a three day trip to Aston Martin Miami on back of one of these claims Wink . They said all the Aston's they received had scratches and scuffs 'all over'. Astons do not leave with scuffs and scratches 'all over'. We did have a problem of the lacquer 'blooming' as the cars went cold-hot-cold-hot, etc. whilst stuck in shipping containers but that issue 'recovers' after a while and can be repolished.

On arrival the disgruntled dealer exec' showed us half a dozen Aston's and they were all indeed in very poor shape. Something didn't add up.....

Literally followed the process from the port to the dealer and first thing they did on arrival at dealer was park them 'out back' for the dust to be washed off before first inspection (you can see where this is going..... Laughing ).

The 'washing' consisted of a 'spotty oink' with a 20 litre bucket full of grey/brown water and a 'chammy'. On asking where the water came from, how often changed, he admitted that particular bucket had done all the six cars in front of him that day. On reaching in their was a layer of silt in the bottom and watching him 'miss' with a throw of the chammy into the bucket and pick it up and drop it into the water sort of told us all we needed to know.

Dealer backed down, warranty claims redacted and two days in the sun and going to ' Censored bars' in the evening followed. Great trip that was Thumbs Up

Post #222595621st Apr 2021 12:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 105 of 282 <123 ... 104105106 ... 280281282>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >